1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA will not release 7800 GTX in AGP form

Discussion in 'News' started by oldmanjk, Jul 6, 2005.

1. oldmanjk New Member

Jul 6, 2005
    8 (0.00/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Andover, MN
    Bad news for those waiting for an AGP version of NVIDIA's 7800 GTX.

According to theinquirer.net, NVIDIA will not be releasing their latest and fastest video card, the Geforce 7800 GTX, in AGP form. NVIDIA will only be releasing the 24 pipeline cards on the PCI Express format, which is growing in market share thanks to its gaming performance from SLI and its popularity with OEM manufacturers.
    Those with AGP equipped motherboards will have to wait for the latest offering from ATI which will be released in AGP form. The R520, from ATI, is expected to be faster than the G70 based 7800 GTX from NVIDIA, but is apparently suffering from yield problems. Those AGP users who must upgrade your graphics card today can't go wrong with NVIDIA's Geforce 6800 GT, which can now be had for under £200 from a number of online retailers. Those looking to make a full system upgrade would be advised to go the PCIe route to ensure future graphics card support and the option to gain extra performance from SLI.
  2. Dark Ride Mushkin Rep

Jul 2, 2005
    541 (0.14/day)
    Thanks Received:
    who cares about 7500 AGP.I'm a AGP user.If I would spend that much money on a 7500 I would for soure buy a PCI-E board along with it.
  3. nightelf84 Guest

7800 you mean?

Anyway, not surprising as the spanking new GPU on AGP would be going backwards wouldn't it? PCI-E is the future.
  4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    5,412 (1.32/day)
    Thanks Received:
    This is old news

Plus, if Nvidia sees high demand there is nothing stopping them fomr using the converter chip they used on the Geforce 6 series.
  5. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    1,806 (0.46/day)
    Thanks Received:
    but its a bad news that they try to let u buy a pcie board and graphic for no reason an agp x850xt pe is as fast as an pcie