1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA's desperate stand

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, Nov 22, 2005.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  2. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    exactly what i was saying , ATi 16pipe architecture kicks the living daylights out of nvidias 24pipe ................ nvidia looses all muscle when it comes to Turnign up AA and AF in games ........... radeons are ahrcore video cards , all Ati needs to do is get their rear ends in the game meaning deliver their product on time and keep at it .:nutkick:
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    all ATI needs is 24 pipe to own em. the low quality, low lifespan and sub-standard SM3.0 are all things i've complained about for some time, its good to see the big boys make a point out of it.

Yes wizzy, Nvidia can counter SOME of these. They cant counter the fact that setting the graphics quality equal to ATI's makes them run a helluva lot slower than ATI cards do...
  4. dsdsdk New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol, i like the one about Mean time to failure!

did they completely forget that the core has been "reworked" and only uses 20watts more than the old 7800GTX? And 5 watts more than the X1800XT...

The 7800GTX idles at around 44celsius, same with 7800-512 due to the beefed up HS. The X1800XT idles at a wooping 60celsius! Talk about stressing the components..

(X1800XL uses 65watt, meaning that XT must leak a hell of a lot power due to the higher clockspeeds)
  5. SFOSOK New Member

Thanks Received:
    No Offense

No offense man, but that has got to be one of the worst and biased reviews I have ever read from ATI or Nvidia Fanboys. In fact I feel quite a great deal dumber from reading the whole thing. I mean come on man, have you ever used anything from the 7800 series at all? Ever? How bout from Nvidia? Its also very funny how you show how Nvidia has been late 7-8 times all the back till the 4k series yet you don't show that ATI has been late with their launches almost every single series with every card in the series. Nor did you commend Nvidias Stelar launch of the 7800 256's. If you are goin to do a review next time, please try not to make it so rediculously biased, because the only people you convinced were the ATI fanboy's. And frankley, I don't think they need convincing because of the meaning derived from the word "fanboy".
  6. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    WTF is it with nVidia and ATI getting up each other's asses? :wtf: Can't they just make their own products seem better by promoting them instead of creating a bunch of talk about how their competitor's products are inferior and such because of this and that. There are a few valid points, but that doesn't make it right anyway. This whole thing is unethical. Slideshows like these aren't going to make me buy an ATI X1800XT or a 7800GTX 512MB. I'll buy what I want because I draw my own conclusions. Leave it be fcol...
  7. arnoldo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I second that...
  8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yo noob, what review? there is no review here. That info was posted by wizzard, but did not come from him. Read, pay attention, and stop acting like a stupid idiot.
  9. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this is no review .. i just got my hands on these slides and thought they might be an entertaining (read: not really serious) read. at least that's what i think
  10. SFOSOK New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry bout that, missread it. I read the Slides somewhere else and then found this thread later. My comments were meant about the author, whoever that may be.
  11. dsdsdk New Member

Thanks Received:
    Author is ATI PR dept...
  12. WiCz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well i am no expert in the field of marketing but i would say creating such a presentation, filled as it is with half truths and sensationalist nonsense is truly a desperate act and at the very least one entirely transcendant of intelligence.
  13. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:

third.....
  14. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    I really am starting to hate ATI. First that one slideshow about how SM3.0 doesn't work, but this is pissing me off. ATI has nothing to compete against Nvidia, how dare they say they're better! Nvidia is more popular, more powerful, and recently WHEN THEY SAY THINGS THEY MEAN THEM. If ATI could just release a quality product they wouldn't have to stoop to the level of insulting Nvidia like that. I don't know who made it (I didn't read anything in the thread yet) but if it was anyone associated with ATI, SHAME ON THEM.
  15. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is just stooping too low. They should have just admitted the 7800 GTX 512mb is the higher performing card. However it is outrageously expensive and the XT is still the overall better buy. Well, at least in my opinion it is. I just got mine 5 minutes ago and I really think it has the best overall value. Although like I said the GTX 512mb is truly the faster card.
  16. SFOSOK New Member

Thanks Received:

lol, wouldn't be surprised anymore actually. R520 is just not good enough for the price, Nvidia covered all their ends this round, the 512 was only created to put Nvidia Completely on top.

:nutkick: Guess who the green and the yellow ones are?

:banghead: Red for ATI

Edit: The best bang for buck is 7800GT/GTX 256 that has already been proven. They both also use less power and are single slot.

ATI better bring something to the table next round besides false promisses that piss off even their hardcore fanboys.
  17. Tabur New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok, i think ATI has gone too far with this. I only hope that nVidia shows superiority without falling in "Childish games".

If ATI is gonna show things about nVidia, it should show good and bad things, not only bad which are the less by much.

The ONLY thing that nVidia lacks is the weird 4 aa, which it doesnt have, but it doesnt mean its a worse product because nVidia NEVER said they actually had it!

Now, the only thing nVidia is ignoring is the pricing, but im SURE they just wanted to know wether people would buy this new King of the Hill at an outrageous price. Every stock was out in less than a week, that clearly answers their questions.

untill now, im staying with my brand new 7800 GTX 512mb OC, which has lifetime warranty so i dont care about the MSRP :)
  18. mR Yellow

Thanks Received:
    No, actually the 1800XL is. With a little overclocking is faster than the 7800GTX 256. ;)
  19. gerrynicol New Member

Thanks Received:

Well what about the 7800GTX "with a little overclocking" :rolleyes:
  20. mR Yellow

Thanks Received:
    Point is XL is cheaper!
    BTW what do i get with a OC'ed 7800GTX 256?

I get 9200 in 05 with a XL :D
  21. gerrynicol New Member

Thanks Received:
    @ stock speeds round about 8K ish(a quick google search)
  22. mR Yellow

Thanks Received:
    Not what a saw. Many places give it about 7600 - 7800. And thats not the 8000 club.
    Now in terms of performance/overclocking/image quality, i think the XL is the best buy ;)
  23. WiCz New Member

Thanks Received:

Funny....i get 8500 + with my OC'd 7800GT and it only cost me £235
  24. mR Yellow

Thanks Received:
    Very possible. I'm not dissing the 7800TX, im just stating what i read on the net.
  25. WiCz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fair enough, the scores you quoted just sound a little low for a GTX when an OC'd GT performs considerably better :)