1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NV's Big Bang II is whimper

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by wolf2009, Jul 26, 2008.

1. wolf2009 Guest

Source

Please Leave a Thanks !

2. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting pretty tired of the inquirer anti-nvidia reporting. This is in no way a negative thing. Maybe not a huge positive, but so what if it isn't revolutionary and they call it a big bang. Still some nice features there, and hopefully stuff worth looking forward to. No reason to bash them.

And intel does the same stuff w/ their chips as far as limiting them. The lock multis to charge $1k+ for the unlocked multis, it's business. I don't like it either, but I get it, and why they are reporting like this is beyond me.

3. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Plz solve the first version of SLI b4 introducing more variables into the equation. They are still releasing cards w/o proper driver support for SLI. The 280 & 260 both scale like some horrible nightmare except for syn benching. Maybe its because the only game that needs all the power is Crysis but still, the gain for the 280 in SLI over one card is pathetic even for that game. But Crysis hate multicard setups anyway. The midrange 9800 2-way scales great but 3-way is unremarkable at best. I see nothing but a barrel full of bugs when they start fumbling with their R180 drivers.

As for INQ, they need to stop informing us on stuff we already know about. The new drivers might be buggy but its still progression. Whether NV calls it the greatest thing since sliced bread or not is up to them, but leave the NV bashing to the folks that have to buy the stuff & experience the bugs firsthand :nutkick:

4. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    any enhancements in Nvidia related world are welcome cause we have a lot of small sticky problems which needed to be fixed as soon as possible and openGL 3.0 is nice addition.