1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Announces H630 Ultra-Tower Chassis

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, May 7, 2013.

1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Waita actually skip over my comments with some good old marketing blurb :toast: if you really want to be taken seriously on here then you need to respond to people instead of sounding off like a robot, not impressed.
  2. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Funny, because I'm not in marketing, nor do I have any marketing experience. I gave it to you straight, but I'm not going to coo you into liking something. I'd much rather have the USB/Audio ports on the right side. Keeps the front and top clean, which were part of the aesthetic goals of the chassis. Our designers didn't base their design off of one person's nitpicks, they did it off of their own experiences. :toast:
  3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse Crazy Dogmatic Bullsh!t!

Thanks Received:
    Xnine - you forgot to attach a beverage holder to the side of the case man. bitches love beverage holders!
    XNine says thanks.
  4. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    DAMN IT!!!! I knew it, I knew it! I said to them, I said "people want the beverage holders!"

Did they listen? No. This is why I drink myself to sleep at night.
  5. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    This reminded me only of............

[​IMG]
  6. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    You claimed you were responding to questions/comments posted in the thread, you blurbed, you saying about the USB on the right side of the case didnt even listen to what I said about them so who exactly were you responding too? it wasn't a question anyway just some constructive criticism though I guess that is above your remit huh bud?
  7. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    I blurbed? ROFL. No, I didn't feel your commentary was constructive in any way, and I gave you a professional response. There were no marketing frills in my response to you. :cry:
  8. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Ahhhhhh you chose to ignore me (the customer) until you felt like your sucking up to the forum would surpass your customer service requirements ;) cool bro
  9. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    NdMk... no reason to blow it out of proportion. Talk constructively and perhaps you'll receive a response more to your liking. As far as the USB ports on the side doesn't bother me personally. Its more about the location of your desktop than a design flaw IMHO...
    XNine says thanks.
  10. Fusionmech New Member

Thanks Received:
    Agreed:D. Also the placement of the USB ports on the upper right side is obviously to dodge the 200mm fans. Mechanically and aesthetically it's a well thought out design.
    XNine says thanks.
  11. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Take the interior of this, and then put it in the NZXT Phantom Full Enthusiast. Then you'll get me to buy your awesome steel case all over again!
  12. NeoXF

Thanks Received:
    I'd only realistically consider those if case makers would offer separately sold (spare) side-panels... or if I'd want to mod cheap-but-well-built-cases.
  13. icenote

Thanks Received:
    I just hope this allows for the NXZT Phantom 820 to become a little cheaper.. I love that case and the colour options, but, 250 bones is too much..
  14. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    It wont change the Phantom 820. Just get the Phantom 630.
  15. icenote

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I was afraid of that.

I am looking to getting a tower that supports an E-ATX MB (Mainly because I want there to be a lot of space between GPUs), though. And I don't think the 630 supports that. Or does it?

A close second for a tower would be the Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra. Not as flashy as the 820, but it supports my big MB needs.
  16. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean space inbetween the GPUs? like the slots or between the GPUs and hard drive cages?

Because if your talking about the slots on the motherboard, just got to have a motherboard that has the right layout, so the GPUs have some space between them.
  17. icenote

Thanks Received:
    The current MB I have right now is an Asrock Z77 extreme 4. It does support CFX, but putting the doing will cause them to be extremely close to each other -- especially since my Vapor X card is actually 2.5 slots. I just want to have one that actually has an open PCI express slot for even more space and flow between the two cards. I will need a longer bridge, of course.
  18. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Well then that's motherboard choice, not case.

Like on this board, put it in the first and 3rd slot and there will be some space.

ASUS Maximus V EXTREME Intel Motherboard - Newegg....

And there will be space with your extreme 4, but only about half an inch. Which is sufficient enough, seeing how some people have their cards literally
    touching.

And the Phantom 630 does support E-ATX as those boards are really only ATX boards with a little bit more to them. They don't have different mounting wholes. The Phantom 630 supports XL-ATX as well so.
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  19. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, even with my 680 TOP there is plenty of room for a pair in the 1st and 3rd slots!
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  20. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    And yours is a true triple slot cooler haha.
  21. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I should clarify, 1st and 3rd red slots;) I actually have access to the first black PCIe slot as well.
  22. icenote

Thanks Received:
    Ahhhh, okay.

For some reason I confused the 630 with the original Phantom (which I am using right now, the mid tower version).

Thanks!

My heart is still very much on the 820, but that 630 is a dandy deal.
    XNine says thanks.
  23. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:

Yeah, the original Phantom is over 3 years old now. The industry and buyer expectations have changed since then, and thankfully so has the design team we have. Retell (Rob), our Product Manager, spends a lot of time on forums reading feedback, and he had a heavy hand in designing the H630.

So, the Phantom 820 was requested by a lot of people who wanted a Phantom with similar features to the Switch 810. The Phantom 630 is a bit smaller, yet wider, with more improved features that were developed after the 820's release.

The H630 is actually a successor to the H2 chassis, which was pretty okay for its time, but the amount of positive feedback on the H630 has been tremendous so far. I think it's priced extremely competitively given the amount of features it has.
  24. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    it could b my case this summer but I need a window!
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  25. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    I can't speak of unreleased products. :cool: