1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Launches Hale90 v2 Fully Modular PSUs

Discussion in 'NZXT' started by XNine, Jan 7, 2013.

1. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/power_supplies/hale90_v2_1200w

Available in 850w, 1000w, and 1200w.

Features
    • 80 Plus Gold Certification ensures efficiency levels up to 90%
    • -Completely modular design with labeled back plate for easy installation and clean look
    • -NZXT design element infused on the exterior/interior power supply with world’s first Innovative white and black PCB design for better isolation and identification
    • -Patented Multiple Intelligence Ability Controller:MIA ICTMis designed for ultimate performance, eco-friendly, and improving lAC-DC power conversion
    • -IFCT:The intelligent fan control technology is designed for better thermal solution
    • -Powerful +5Vsb that supports motherboards with fast USB charging that can also power USB devices while PC is on standby
    • -High quality Japanese Capacitor to promote longer lifespan and better reliability surpassing 5 year warranty
    • -Strong single +12V rail that provides stability and ease of use with the ability to deliver clean currents under a heavy load
    • -SLI and CrossFire Ready
    • -135mm Dual ball-bearing fan for smooth, silent rotation, and optimal air intake
    • -Auto Range:AC main is from 90V to 264V and no need in tiny select switch.
    • -Active PFC
    • -Full protections for over voltage, current, power, temperature, under voltage, and short circuit protection
    • -Safety Approvals for:UL / cUL / CB / TUV / CE / FCC / CCC / GOST-R / C-tick
    • -Backed by a 5 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
    • -Standard:Comply ATX 12V V2.31 and EPS 12V V2.92
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    animal007uk and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  2. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Anyone getting an error when following the link? or is it just my browser having a spoon?
    www.nzxt.com uses an invalid security certificate. << this is what i get.

Don't get me wrong as i trust the site but its rare i see this messege.
  3. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    Remove "https://" and you're good to go. Not sure why XNine has a secure link in his post. It's obviously not supposed to be that way.
    animal007uk says thanks.
  4. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Cheers for the promt reply :)
  5. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Woops! Fixed. Thankee for the notice
    animal007uk says thanks.
  6. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    I might think about getting one of these PSU's this year, Will go well with my Phantom 410 case :)
  7. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Would be nice if these are available at lower wattages, its not too difficult to power a heavily overclocked 3570K + 7970Ghz with less than 600w
  8. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Hi XNine, Do you have a rough idea on how much the 850watt PSU will be?
  9. McSteel

McSteel

Thanks Received:
    Are those still SuperFlower-made, and if so, what was changed to warrant a "V2"?
  10. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    I believe they're by FSP. And they are fully modular (not semi like the previous iteration), 80 Plus Gold units, have IFP, etc. A nice advancement in the line, I believe.
  11. McSteel

McSteel

Thanks Received:
    FSP? Well, that's a bit of a surprise, to be honest. I'm not quite sure I'd call that an improvement over SF, but let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

I presume the PSUs are based on the Aurum Pro (FSP-xxx-50TGM) platform... Or at least I hope so. It would be nice to see some improvement on the ripple suppression compared to the FSP's retail offerings, though. Can't wait to see the new models in action.

Thank you for your reply!

## UPDATE ##

An NZXT Product Manager, sn "Retell" on OCN forums has provided an internals shot of the 1200W unit: click.

So it's not an Aurum Pro, it's more like an evolution of the original Aurum, and it seems to use dedicated V-reg instead of group-reg. Here's hoping it performs better than it's parent design.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    heky says thanks.