1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT. Official Support

Discussion in 'NZXT' started by Retell, Aug 11, 2011.

1. xD3aDPooLx

xD3aDPooLx NZXT Rep

Thanks Received:
    Empkody,

The US number is the only one to call. The phones are always on the reach us at any time. What I am guessing is taken place, is you're trying to reach us after hours. We are open 9-5 M-F PST.

Now on to your problem, How are the cables wired up to the motherboard? I am talking about the 4 2 pin female wires.

2. empkody New Member

Thanks Received:
    well i called from 9 am today 10 am 11am and 12am as i could for being here at work

and we assembled everything last night so couldn't get through last night so youd have to give me a few more hrs to get home and check

at this [point in time all i can tell you is its a phantom nzxt case phan-003rd-r

and the mother board is a asus maximius vi formula

3. xD3aDPooLx

xD3aDPooLx NZXT Rep

Thanks Received:
    Where are you located at and what number are you calling?

4. empkody New Member

Thanks Received:
    k i retract that statement bout the time sorry guess i was a lil bull headed bout it jus realized the time differential im in ohio so my mistake

5. kikva New Member

Thanks Received:
    Problem solved...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  6. BetterWBacon627 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been trying to find out if the Kraken G10 bracket will work with my Sapphire 7970 Dual-X 3gb OC GPU's? I see that is says that some 7970's require a shim to work correctly. Would this be the case or can the just be installed normally?

7. BetterWBacon627 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sweet....this forum is jst as helpful as emailing NZXT directly...which is no use at all. I want to buy your product but am looking for info, is that so hard?

8. guerkchen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well is that sapphire 7970 a custom pcb or a reference layout?

9. BetterWBacon627 New Member

Thanks Received:
    From what info i can find Sapphire's Dual-X card is a reference PCB with the addition of the missing VRM components....

10. xD3aDPooLx

xD3aDPooLx NZXT Rep

Thanks Received:
    Hey Better and everyone else,

There is a compatibility checker built into NZXT's website that is a collaboration with PC Part Picker. It can and will answer about 95% of your questions.

But Yes that Sapphire 7970 will work.

11. BetterWBacon627 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for the response! For this particular card the part picker just gave me a general "Check, the Sapphire Radeon 7970......will work" but doesn't list weither I'll need the shim for proper contact. So to clarify, will I need the shim?

12. xD3aDPooLx

xD3aDPooLx NZXT Rep

Thanks Received:
  13. BetterWBacon627 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually I already have them on the way from frozen and my second bracket is arriving today. I'll be installing the coolers on my cards this weekend so I'll update on if I actually need them or not...

14. Nabarun

Nabarun

Thanks Received:
    My very new NZXT RGB Hue Controller has stopped working. It's not lighting up. I have tested with a different PSU as well. Do I call the retailer or contact NZXT? I'm in Kolkata, India.

15. xD3aDPooLx

xD3aDPooLx NZXT Rep

Thanks Received:
    Contact the retailer if its under 14 days. They should replace it. If not submit a ticket on the NZXT support site.

Nabarun says thanks.
  16. Nabarun

Nabarun

Thanks Received:
    It's been more than 14 days, so I have submitted a ticket. (Ticket ID #NPA-153-48626)

17. Snufkin

Thanks Received:
    Could i get a mention of some compatible all-in-one water coolers for the NZXT Source 220 please? I use an ATX mobo so not sure how much space need for these things.

18. BetterWBacon627 New Member

Thanks Received:
    20140712_183138.jpg Update: shims ARE needed for Sapphire 7970 3gb Dual-X....and they look awesome!

19. guerkchen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pretty nice one ^^

20. BetterWBacon627 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you! Now for overclocking!!

21. Slania312 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just bought an FZ-200 with the intention of installing it in the top of my Phantom 530 case. The screws however seemed to be at least 30% too big. Is this an incompatibility issue between the fan and the case? If so are there any other fans that could be recommended to me? I'm looking for at least a 200mm in the top and a 120 at the bottom.

22. xD3aDPooLx

xD3aDPooLx NZXT Rep

Thanks Received:
    Nope. That is the correct fan for that Phantom 530 case. Which screws are you using to install it?

23. Slania312 New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I just checked the NZXT website and the compatibility checker states that the case and fans ARE compatible. At the bottom however in small print it says "*NOT compatible with NZXT Vulcan, Phantom, and Hades" So who's right here?

24. bubbleawsome

bubbleawsome

Thanks Received:
    Amidst all that is going on in this thread I thought I'd put in my 2c here. I'm running my build in a source 210 with a h40 cooler (I think that is what it's called. The big NZXT cooler) and a sentry 2 fan controller.

The 210 is an awesome case. If I had more fans (running the only 120mm stock fan now) I have no doubt it would be phenomenal. As it is right not it isn't half bad. 4 120/140mm, 2 120mm and 1 92/120mm fan slot add up for lots of room. It looks like they would all fit thick radiators too. The case had zero scratches or buffs until I got my hands on it. The only thing I don't like about the case is the thinness of the side panels, but it was $30. Easily a top budget case IMO.

The cooler (pardon me forgetting the name. It is late. :p) seems solidly average. It's large, heavy, sharp, and looks the part. I don't feel like I can judge it's thermals accurately because I am running overclocked haswell but it keeps it under 70c at 1.28v while gaming in cooler ambients. The fan is awesome for me because I drown out white noise. I actually prefer to have slightly audible fans. It creates a very low, quiet whoosh even at full speed and can't be heard over any games or music at any volume. My ancient HDD easily beats it in noise and my 770 will ramp up and be much louder than it during gaming.

The sentry 2 is a bit more odd. I ended up not being able to use it due to being a bit of a stickler about wires. If you like cable management at all I can't really recommend it. It has the connectors for 5 temperature sensors and 5 fans that each branch into a 3 pin and a molex. While I did use it the temperatures were accurate and fan control was nice. The touchscreen was a little tough and required some pushing on some buttons and was super light for others but worked well.

All in all I give my NZXT experience a 8/10 (or 4/5 :p) and would buy again. I actually plan to build with NZXT in mind next time with their white (HALE) line of PSU's. I plan to build a black and white build. Very clean. ;)

Cheers!

25. xD3aDPooLx

xD3aDPooLx NZXT Rep

Thanks Received:
    You have a Phantom 530 case, not a PHANTOM case. 2 entirely different cases.

Like I asked before. What type of screws are you using to install the fans?

You should be using these to install the fans up top and nothing else. [​IMG]