1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT product suggestions or changes to current products

Discussion in 'NZXT' started by popswala, Jul 4, 2012.

1. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Didn't see a thread here with this and was wondering if this is an alright thread to start with.

I'll start:

With all the drive panel accessories i.e Bunker, Aperture M, single slot/dual slot fan controller and now the Hue. Will there be a case to accommodate say you have those items listed above, cd drive and wish to have a bay mounted reservoir? Most cases have around 4-5 drive bays. In this case they are all used up.

I don't know about others but for myself. I tend to try and stick to case manufacturer when pairing it with other stuff. I own the full Phantom, bunker and the sentry 2. with those 3 things and a cd drive. I can't mount in this hue due to a slot housing a custom button for fan led's and pump speed controller.

So something along the lines of a full tower with more drive bays and maybe some hotswap bays with the frame of the Switch 810 or Phantom so we still get the cable management space. Theres such great options along all the latest products but we need to combine them into one sweet product.

I'm already thinking of putting those lights found on the back of the Switch on my phantom just cause I like the idea lol.

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I would like NZXT to make a fan pack like rosewell and coolermaster has but the fans are the nice 120mm fans they include with the higher end cases

t77snapshot, popswala and XNine say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    There's a problem though. Not many people use a ton of 5.25 bays anymore. Adding 5.25 bays increases the verticle dimensions of a chassis. If you still want features like 6 HDD bays, then you're going to have a much taller chassis.

The designers take things like this into consideration. Theres meetings upon meetings of what does the market want? What does the market buy? What does the market need? I'm not saying we won't ever release a case with more 5.25 bays, but in order to do so, there has to be a pretty large demand for such.

For instance, we're killing molex in all of our products going forward (save for PSU's,). Molex is just a pain in the ass. It's not fun to work with, it's a pain to sleeve, and no one really likes molex. So, we're moving to SATA for power connections.

I'll point that toward our sales group. Thanks for the suggestion.

dude12564, xvi, t77snapshot and 2 others say thanks.
  4. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Thanks awesome face melter!

XNine says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Molex is a pain in the but. I just had to re fix the same one on my phantom that powers the fan controller lol. I know what you mean. Having sata power is much better and plug together soo much easier.

Wit the case. Yes the market is a little low on super towers. But sometime in the future we should see what NZXT can bring to the table in that area. It gets pretty tight when you have a dual bay reservoir, fan controller and a cd drive. Me personally I like the idea of a super tower with both top and bottom mounted psu's 120/140x3 radiators possibly 2 of them and hot-swap bay/s. All this with a well known quality name by NZXT on it. The super towers are more focused towards the extreme users that go for the e-atx motherboard, water cooled, plenty of hdd space and needs of fan controllers and lighting options.

XNine says thanks.
  6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    if theres something that the market needs is decent high rpm pwm fans that move a lot of air while not being so super loud. afaik, the only people to do this is Coolermaster with their blade master series. However the blade master uses a Sleeve Bearing, which generally doesnt last as long.

that would be my suggestion

INSTG8R says thanks.
  7. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh yeah. almost forgot. We need yellow led's. fans lights. all of them. I'd love to do a yellow theme build. but I'm getting tired of payin extra to get fans with leds, buy yellow led's and then switch the leds in the fans. I was actually going to do this with the sleeved kit but then you guys came out with the sleeved led's lol. That was my idea. Still waiting on yellow though. Only reason I haven't done it yet.

8. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    I'd love to see a modification of the Phantom that actually used the large space above the top mounted fan. IE, the best partially prefabricated water cooling loop ever.

If a large radiator, that ran from the front of the case to the back, was cooled by two huge fans and gravity fed a cooler for the CPU you could wind up with a killer overclock or very chilly CPU. The techniques are already in place with the H100 and Water 2.0 Extreme, but neither can make use of all that room.

Providing something where the CPU water loop was fed through the case, the end result could be a very easy (and a cost/performance boon) entry to get people started on water loops. Those who already know what they are doing can be allowed to expand their system with GPU splice-ins and additional loops.

9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    The Switch 410 and 410 Elite! Where are they??? LOL

10. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Perhaps one day. As it stands, the market right now is shifting toward Full towers and ITX towers. Odd, but that's kind of the trend right now and the foreseeable future.

Maybe we're already working on something..... maybe not.... :D

There is no God when it comes to yellow LEDs. I wish I had them for my build, but alas, there are so few of us that want yellow LEDs. But I have it up as an idea (and have for a while). My build has a color-theme from Deus Ex: HR, so, yellow LED fans would be a nice touch.

I'll just leave this here.... http://techreport.com/discussions.x/23090 ;)

PFT. Just wait til the NZXTV comes out! 13" black and white monitor, rabbit ears, and two rotary dial knobs for channel and volume all in a compact enclosure!!!!! :p

popswala says thanks.
  11. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I would like to see NZXT make me a Panzerbox. Like, for real!

12. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Good thing you mentioned, will NZXT ever release an ITX case like SilverStone's SUGO series, and Cooler Master's new Elite 120? Especially CM's new Elite 120 since it's so damn cheap and takes a regular ATX power supply.

13. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    PLEASE! remove those from the fans. they are a pain in the ass to cable manage.

Also the Case door (with fan) on all three of my cases make a slight rattling sound. This is a major issue as it needed some rubber spacers to fix it!

Give us extra space behind the mobo tray and larger cut outs for cables My M59 is a pig! the door is bulging from the back!

14. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    It's something that NZXT has been looking into. The trick is to make something that is appealing, easy to build in, has a ton of features, and is still at a good price-point. The last thing NZXT wants to do is shove something out the door that has already been beaten to death.

Our fans all come pre-sleeved with standard 3-Pin fan plugs. I think we still have a couple that might use Molex out there, but the new FZ series definitely doesn't need them (though adapters are included for those who need them...) As well, the length of our FZ Fan cables is 20 inches. Plenty to get where you need it to go and not having to use fan extension cables. :)

What kind of fans are you using on your side panel? I've used several kinds on a Phantom 410 and didn't see any issue with NZXT, Scythe, or Lian Li fans...

As for space/cutouts.... Don't you worry about that. Our design team has that as a standard on all chassis going forward. :)

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!!!

15. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I don't think I'm the only one who has no idea what this means exactly. Didn't say I wasn't intrigued... :)

16. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    M59, gamma and Apollo.

Used Akasa and fractual design both are slient when not mounted to the door!

17. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    That cable starter kit is nice. Are we gonna see them in other colors soon? That would be great.

18. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I hate how sleeving just ends on the last 1 to 3 inches of cabling on stuff like the pci-e/24pin. Be nice to see individual sleeving after that point or just a heatshrink that flared out to cover the rest of the distance.

19. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    I would like to see NZXT colored fans with White LEDs instead of the same color. Like Xigmatech..... especially green UV since there is a lack of that in the market.

I also would suggest that NZXT's idea with the Switch 810 Water cooling case was great. However the biggest thing I would change is make look more mature. I mean.... look at Corsair's 800D.... the case looks like a grown up should own it. It doesn't look like they designed the case and then hung a lot of plastic from it. NZXT makes great cases!!! However this IMO is their biggest problem.... Most of them look like it was made with a high school-er in mind or it should be in the Transformers movie.... not next to someone's desk.

If they made more versions of Computer cases with that type of grown up style But with the functionality of the Switch.... NZXT would have a customer for life. And I am sure other may agree with me.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  20. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I do know what you mean about the case. It does seem to have a lot of plastic on it and makes it feel/look cheap. It does seem like its made for the younger crowd.

My fav color is green and I do like yellow cause its bright. If we could get some high cfm and more colors that would be great. The main colors is red and blue. I've never been a fan of them. Thats why I modded my front fan on my haf932 to green and threw the red away. Ewwww lol.

21. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    We'll have to see if they do alright in the market. My personal opinion on them won't mean much, as I sleeve all of my own cables. I guess they're good for people who aren't into modding/voiding warranties/and fingers bleeding.

NZXT is working on some things. The Corsair 800D was a good case. I owned one and modded it. It wasn't really watercool ready, though.

As for looks, NZXT will not stray from it's design team. The next Phantom (coming in September, I believe) is a progression in both looks and features in the series. It's a very aggressive looking chassis without being gaudy.

Plastic is not modder friendly, either. I would love a Switch made from aluminum. As it stands, the Switch is still one of the best cases I've ever had the pleasure of actually working in. As an enthusiast, I really don't mind the Switch's plastic. Would I love it more if it were aluminum? Absolutely. But it didn't kill the sale for me (and I bought mine before working for NZXT.)

I thought your fav was yellow? :)

20mmrain and popswala say thanks.
  22. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I have bought a Switch 810 lately and my only grief is that you don't offer a full Aluminum version.

I'd instantly buy one. :toast:

23. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I normally sleeve all my cables myself also but i'm just feeling lazy lately. Was thinking of picking up a black set and a red set (if released) and swapping colors around till I got the pattern I wanted. I think that's a easier and less time consuming route to go. plus you'll get a 2nd set with just about the same pattern to use on another rig (if you wanted the same color theme that is).

My main fav color is neon green (the glow in the dark shade) but I'm a fan of bright neon colors. I'm a kid at heart still lol.

24. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    more touch based controllers please!!!!!!

sentry two is outdated.

Also they may have dual tone color but please ensure that the display is visible from wide angles

25. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Its looks didn't kill the sale for me either. I own the Switch 810 check out my Avatar picture :) As for looks..... I agree looks are a matter of Opinion. Some like the transformer look others.... like me not so much.
    I agree with Plastic not being modder friendly. If the Switch 810 were made from aluminum I believe it would look that much better as well as give the modding community more to work with.
    It's great to hear that there may be some progression coming down the pike in terms of NZXT cases (Referring to the new Phantom). My Opinion just comes from the direction of a my interpretation of a wide audience. In my experience there are more people who are interested in simpler looking cases than people who are into more extreme cases. Hence the reason... cases like the Corsair designs/ Lian Li designs/ and Silverstone designs are so popular with the enthusiast crowd.
    But I know you can't take away a design engineering teams inspiration either..... it's be working for NZXT so far.

Thanks a ton for the response can't wait to see what designs come next. :toast:

XNine says thanks.