1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT product suggestions or changes to current products

Discussion in 'NZXT' started by popswala, Jul 4, 2012.

1. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    We've got some interesting projects on the drawing baord. OF course I can't break NDA and talk about them, but, as someone who's been in the modding scene for roughly 5 years, and someone who's owned 23 different cases, I can tell you that NZXT isn't about to release something that's oversimplified, dull, and featureless.

I'm not saying that to jab other mfg's, either. Some of my favorite chassis of all time have come from Lian Li and Silverstone.

The enthusaist crowd definitely loves aluminum and simpler designs to work inside. Theres also a lot of people out there that see 100 dollar cases too expensive. It's tough to please everyone.... but we're trying.
    douglatins, nleksan and popswala say thanks.
  2. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Have you thought about offering a reverse motherboard mount case or even like Silverstone style? Rotated by 90 degrees.
  3. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Can't do rotated 90, that's something Silverstone holds a patent on. And you won't believe how much I've pissed and moaned about doing reverse ATX cases, lol.

Reverse ATX is my favorite layout, keeps GPU's cooler and overall is just so much easier to work with. We'll have to see.
    xvi and radrok say thanks.
  4. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Wow I didn't know it was patented, well could have imagined because no one else is offering something like that :)

Reverse is also brilliant to show awesome fullcover GPU blocks!
  5. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds good to me. Can't wait to see what it is. I need more NZXT stuff lol.

+1 on being able to see the gpu's and blocks.
  6. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    They shouldn't have been able to patent something like that... the US patent office is such a joke.
  7. nleksan

Thanks Received:
    I would really like to see you guys offer case parts, like the top and front panels of the Switch 810, to be bought separately, and at a low price. As a company that encourages case modding, it would draw a lot more customers who are afraid of screwing up their cuts (plastic is hard to cut cleanly). Also, PSU covers that are made to fit specific cases would be nice, as a way to hide the PSU wiring and as a place to mount a pump.
    Lastly, I would really like to see some black and white fans from NZXT that are designed specifically for radiator use, both 120 and 140mm. There is such a lack of good 140 rad fans that if you could produce something in the $15 range that pushed 3.5mmHg or more, I would buy fourteen!
  8. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    You can patent an orientation?
  9. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
  10. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I should have patent my idea on the sleeved led kit lol. I bought a ton of led's with tails and was going to do that but just a few wks later, NZXT decided to come out with them. lol. Perfect timing. Now I have all these leds still trying to find use for lol.

I wonder why we see cases with white/red sleeved cables everywhere but nzxt's marketing doesn't think they're in high demand/popular. Would be great to see them released.
  11. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Well, the trick is to find a sleeve that isn't absolute garbage. I mean, the chances of us securing MDPC sleeving is zero (Nils wouldn't sell to us, he's all about the small guy, which is why I love Nils. He's one of my biggest inpirations when it comes to modding).

Good, colored sleeve that isn't going to skyrocket the cost of our products for us and consumers... that's something we have yet to find.
    popswala says thanks.
  12. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Black is cheaper then colored? Yea MDPC is some sweet sleeving. I don't know how many NZXT stuff i own lol. I have 2 sleeved kits lol. one not used yet cause I was debating to see if colors ever come out and I can swap cables around to get the mix I want. Taking the cheaters way out. I need to get on the marketing team. I have tons of ideas nut not sure if they're realistic profit/demand wise.
  13. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    GOOD colored sleeve isn't cheap. Black is fairly easy to find. Almost everyone makes black sleeving... Hell, my neighbor probably makes it... but I hate him and his unruly cat that digs up plants. *shakes fist at neighbor*
    Norton and popswala say thanks.
  14. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can't believe I didn't think of this sooner.

How about a usb3 version of the bunker? I have the Bunker and its great. I had to tinker with metal slide bar so it doesn't catch anymore cause it wouldn't move right and it gets hung up. Other then that its great.
  15. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm, tis interesting. These days, however, most cases come with USB3 I/O's. Since mobos only come with one USB3 header, that might be hard to do to make it useful. :/
  16. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats true, I forgot about m/b only having one onboard usb3 so far. Having a usb2 to usb3 adapter doesn't make it usb3 either since it lacks the pins.

Not sure if it would be in demand for those that love there case but don't wana to change to one with usb3 but their board supports usb3.

I see theres a usb3 upgrade for the Phantom. Haven't seen it before lol. Thats awesome. You guys rock. Not sure why theres still a usb2 when you can plug a usb2 into a 3 cause its backwards compatible. Gonna be getting one of these when I can.
  17. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Problem is, USB 3 has been pretty slow to adopt. First, the market only had USB 3 on the rear I/O panels of mobos, which was a real pain in the ass for case mfg's because we had to either go with 3.0 front panels that had wires that had to be pushed through the back of the chassis to access it, or just stick with 2.0. Now, there's only 1 header for USB 3.

Firewire and USB 2 never had the slow adoption that USB 3 has. Really odd. And eSata is nearly dead.
  18. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    No way can you patent that!

That's insane :laugh:
  19. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats true. Being your avg user, I've only delth with usb. Never had anything that used firewire and never saw a significant value on esata over usb2. May be why most esata's are usb combo.

Having that long cord was kinda retarded cause all my boards don't have usb3 exp for the one I am on now and Before it I had to usb a usb3 addon card that I don't use anymore.

If we can get some Rep's from some big M/B companies on here to listen to the community and make the changes. That'll be great. We need more usb3 headers and some other changes that are easily done.

Reverse atx cases would be nice so you can actually see the graphics on gpu's or the clear blocks with lights look sick. If NZXT won't do that but what about the option being able to switch between them like some other companies have adopted?

I'm curious to see what NZXT would design in a super tower case. lol. I know theres a slim chance of one every being made with the NZXT quality name but I think it'll be neat to see what they can come up with even if its just a drawing or something. Something kinda like a Azza Fusion 4000.

Any thoughts on a open air bench case by NZXT?
    XNine says thanks.
  20. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Lol I've never heard of reverse ATX cases till now...

I now don't understand why all cases aren't reverse ATX
  21. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    my guess is that the gpu fans are facing down which will pull cool air up into them. kinda redundant really when you got a hott psu right there giving off heat.

There used to be lots of reverse atx (btx) cases back then but they kinda faded out.
    XNine and n-ster say thanks.
  22. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Since 90o is patented, how about 85 or 95o? Lol
    XNine says thanks.
  23. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I like the idea of having GPU's that dump the heat in the case, but exits right away from the top exhaust fans + heat rises... might be a problem for dual GPU setups though
    XNine says thanks.
  24. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Well, they certainly did :) Good on them though, makes their chassis unique. Silverstone does have some sexy cases.

Open bench, probably not. That's an extremely niche type of product. I think benches can be pretty awesome, especially for people who go through hardware like it's water, or for reviewers/testers. Unfortunately, most people don't really like benches, or their cats/children would ruin their builds.

My first RATX case was an A+ Black Pearl (a slightly modified, rebranded Lian Li V2000) and from then on I was sold on it. When I ordered my CaseLabs case it was Reverse ATX. I've had several RATX cases and they're superior to normal ATX in every way.

:laugh:
  25. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    If I throw you a pretty cool idea for your next case design and it gets built do I get a free one???

I'll PM you tonight if you're interested ;)
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD