1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT product suggestions or changes to current products

Discussion in 'NZXT' started by popswala, Jul 4, 2012.

1. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Any thoughts on the FS 200LED with White leds?

2. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    I'd like to see it happen. Will it? I dunno.

3. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Hm... Ya know, I wonder if we could do a "bladeless" design, much like our new lappy cooler. 120mm/14mm versions.....?

*scurries back off to his dungeon*

4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    I dont think so, those provide very little pressure

5. SaltyFish

SaltyFish

Thanks Received:
    Are we going to see a Zero 3 anytime? The Zero 2 no longer shows up on the site and there hasn't been any announcement of a successor.

I have the original Zero, love it, and am still using it. Lightweight aluminum, screwless card option, roomy enough for foot-long graphics cards (just barely, but still counts!), and massive airflow due to seven 120mm fans (which were even included!) packed in a sleek yet classy case. It's the product that made me an NZXT fan. I got the Cyro LX for my laptop because of how impressed I was with the Zero.

I was a bit sadden to see the Zero 2's scaled back features (steel, no screwless card option, no included fans), but that was around the recession so it was understandable.

For a Zero 3, might I suggest the following:

Go back to aluminum. It's durable, it's lightweight, it's elegant, and it screams quality. We're not out of the recession yet, but by the time a Zero 3 would be ready, we should be better off. Aluminum isn't water-cooling friendly, so it'll have to be strictly an air-cooling case. But that's fine since that's the Zero's thing. Speaking of which...

MOAR FANS! And larger fans too. I think the 80mm fan on the Zero could've been another 120mm fan. The Zero's side panel of four 120mm fans could be made into a 240mm fan or nine 120mm fans. You don't have to include the fans (due to cost); just give us the options (see Aerocool's Strike-X ST).

Do something about the plastic front door. The plastic seemed out of place considering the rest of the case's material. Not sure if it had anything to do with that, but my case door is prone to occasional vibration noises since the hinges are a bit loose. Adjusting it a bit or simply placing something on top of the door solves it, but it is a chore. Might be something to keep in mind for future cases.

Make the power button easily accessible but not too exposed. The first Zero had the power button on the outside and I loved how easily I could turn my computer on. The Zero 2 had it behind the door with the reset button to keep it from being accidentally pressed. I wonder if there's a way to combine both. Put the power button on the front and use a smoked glass flap of sorts over it to prevent accidental presses? I have no idea how it'd fit with the NZXT Zero aesthetic though. But it's an idea and food for thought for the designers.

Sorry if this all seems a bit long-winded. The Zero holds a special place in my heart and I would hate to see it fade away. And of course, there's the desire of having an awesome case available when I build my next system.

6. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if these exist but I thought of this a few days ago and it keeps coming back to me so I'll just ask and get it out of my mind.

Are there any NZXT product posters? I have all the wallpaper of the site lol. I figured posters would be pretty cool to have some big sweet looking pics on my wall in my pc/shop room.

Let me know if you can get your hands on any.

7. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    I don't think we have any posters of products, but we did have some posters at Computex that were black with White NZXT lettering. I wonder if we still have any?... Lemme check on that.

popswala says thanks.
  8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey! Since you're here, I remember seeing a NZXT product that had a "ye olde time" (lol) steampunk-ish display on it. What is it and where can I find one?

9. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I think you guys should add led light to your front panel I/O so when gaming at night and need to plug something in it glows. If you could tie it into the cases that have the option to turn the fan leds on and off would be great.

Some what like the concept of the Tempest front panel those glowing clear plastic parts. Use that to out line the front plug in's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

XNine says thanks.
  10. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm. Not sure what you're referring to... perhaps a Lamptron Fan Controller? Maybe the FC10? http://www.lamptron.com/products/view/Fan_Controller_FC10

That's an interesting idea as well. Actually, that would have been nice the other night as I hit the Reset button instead of the Rear I/O light button when I went to unplug my keyboard during BF3. I was having such a good round, too.... :(

Delta6326 and erocker say thanks.
  11. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I'm always having to turn on a light to plug in my xbox 360 pad and stuff at night i think it would be a much appreciated feature.

XNine says thanks.
  12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  13. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    I've added that to my weekly report as a suggestion for future products. :)

No worries. :) I think that's a pretty sweet controller myself.

stinger608 and Delta6326 say thanks.
  14. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your talking something like on the M59. It has the lighted buttons which I love. Makes it much easier to to not hit them on accident since the power is bigger then reset and you can easily tell which is which. It also has the light up top shining down over the top cd drive. Makes for a sweet night light. I own that case also and prob will never let it go. Its a basic case and pretty light so its not a high end model but its still pretty decent.

XNine says thanks.
  15. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    That'll be awesome man. Thanks. You think they would ever make posters with their products on them? kinda like promotional stuff for their booths or something at shows? Would love to show the love all over the pc room lol.

16. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Things are a bit hectic right now with some new products in the very-soon-to-be-announced category. I'm not really sure if Marketing would ever put together promo material like that. Everything I've seen so far has been very minimalistic, with nothing but the logo and slogan on it.

I came up with a nifty new accessory, but not sure if it will ever see production. It's nothing grand, but something so many have overlooked and have never done.

17. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Let me guess....

A bungee cord system for a keyboard??

18. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    :roll:

19. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Nope! It would be a nice, little device that could be easily hidden in your case, not be seen, and reduce cable clutter

20. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think NZXT should make a mid tower version of the Vulcan, that case is gorgeous and the only reason I haven't owned one to now is that I nearly always buy ATX motherboards and like the room of an full tower/larger mid tower cases.

XNine says thanks.
  21. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    the one nagging issue I have with my gammas's is the power on light is annoyingly bright and the power/reset buttons are the same color its very easy to hit the reset button and not the power button by accident the light is so bright that I put a toggle switch in to shut it off lol

22. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    WHAT?! there is an LED on the top of the CD slots?? Mine doesn't have one!!! Really jealous :eek:

popswala says thanks.
  23. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    I feel a disturbance in the Force....

24. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    yes! my lights are broken :mad:

25. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    Have you contacted Europe@NZXT.com, Bo$$? That's what I would recommend. Tell them I sent you.