1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Switch 810, Phantom 820 or Phantom 630?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by icenote, May 16, 2013.

1. icenote

Thanks Received:
    I've been wanting to upgrade to a new case for a while now and I absolutely love the NZXT line. Which is the better purchase, based on your experience?

Switch 810 is definitely the cheapest right now, and that's a perk - however, I'm not AS much of a fan of the standard rectangular look. I am using the original Phantom and I've come to really like that styling.. but the case is missing some features the new ones have.

Phantom 820, OTOH, has everything I want from colour LEDs to 6 front USB ports to size and obviously superior cooling.. but yeah, the price is... kind of hard to swallow.

Phantom 630 seems like a medium, but I'm still hesitant.

Which do you all prefer?

2. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Neither. To much plastic. Only NZXT case im considering right now is the H630.

techtard says thanks.
  3. icenote

Thanks Received:
    Which case do you recommend that is a full tower case, reasonably priced (Only reason I'm considering the 820 is because Tigerdirect has them for about 200 now), has good air flow and a good number of USB slots in the front?

I was also looking at the Rosewill Ultra.

And no to the Corsair 900D. Too rich for my blood.

4. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    You already answered you own question. Don't hesitate. You will likely have the case for years and you are the one that will have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Check other sites, look for coupons, etc. Someone has to have a better price than TD.

5. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Like MxPhenom 216 said, the H630 is looking pretty good.