1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Vulcan

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, May 14, 2010.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. VulkanBros

VulkanBros

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm...god review..I kind a like the name :respect:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. caleb

Thanks Received:
    I love case reivews thanks.
    Case doesnt look very well with that handle mounted reminds me of korean futuristic hoovers.
  4. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    Considering it's aimed at LAN gamers, you'd have thought the overall structure and durability of the case would be high, not a thin case with cheap paint. At least it looks nice, as long as it's in good condition. Good price though.
  5. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Wow, those pics with the chipped paint are brutal. I have the case and haven't seen any issues like that at all.
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  6. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am a growing fan of NZXT products. I currently have a M59 Classic and love it. Good review. :toast:
  7. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Every time I look at this case I get close to suggesting it to someone, or even getting one myself, but the flaws that it has really bring what could have been a great case to just an above average one. For example, who in their right mind would have cramped things along the top edge so much that it would prevent the use of a good portion of aftermarket tower coolers?

And then there are the other little niggles as well:

- Did'nt 80mm and 90mm fans go out of style back in the late 90's? Come on guys use 120mm or just go home

- Why not ditch the 3.5-inch bays below the 5.25's and use that room to provide one more 5.25 bay and room for a front 140mm fan?

- Mesh instead of a window for a LAN gaming rig? Why not take an idea from Gigabyte and give users the option to do either or instead?

- If you are going to tout a side-panel fan mount you could at least mention that the only one that works is 200mm and is produced by your company rather than giving others the hope that they could mount something else of their choosing.

I really want to like this case since it does some things right but the things that it does wrong just sours it. Maybe NZXT will do a revision later that will fix these but until then it's the P180 Mini or Cooler Master Elite 341 that will stay on my suggestion lists for a mATX mini tower.
  8. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Same here! I am a Tempest owner myself:rockout: I have been interested in building a LAN case and this one looks like it will suite my gtx285 nicely. My only con is the rear fan grill doesn't support 120mm fans because I had planned to mount an H50 in there.:(
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Decent case. I think the price is a bit high even if it is designed for LAN parties.

Side note. The 4th link should say, "closer look - inside". Just a heads up.
    Kantastic says thanks.
  10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    i had a mesh problem on my NZXT Tempest, it feels far to bendy and it did bend
  11. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    That's the second time I've heard that...I have never had any issues with the top mesh on my Tempest. I have taken that case part several times and have also placed stuff of top of it with not a single bend or dent. The price could be a tad cheaper, considering the mount of material that went into making this case haha! I'll just wait for it to go on sale at the egg.;)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. SirMango

Thanks Received:
    Are those little silicone/rubber rings at the inserts for the HDD rails?
  13. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    it seems like a ok case, would be nicer if it was stronger, i do like the led on/off feature i find led lights annoying when watching a movie