1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Whisper

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Kind of disappointed in the case. I love the rubber gasket for the psu and the sound dampening foam. That is quality and top notch. However the cables not being long enough to reach a part due to the case is a minus as you noted. The light is bright on the power and hdd led (reminds me of the CM HAF 932). Also no cable management. THE NZXT Tempest has better management and is cheaper so for the price I expected more.
  3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    It looks to me like you can only turn it on or off, not reset without opening the door.:toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I like how the PSU is further away from the mobo than most. Would have to look at more pics of it but looks like a case i would buy all though that dam door would have to go...

Think i'd get a real evil eye if i planned buying another case even more so when there's nothing wrong with the one i have lool.

As for cables should not be to much of a issue if at all with my PSU and a dremel of course :)..

$144.99 on egg just wait for one of there sales :p.
  5. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    LOL, I am constantly whining about how silly PSs are on the bottom and than I see this...

Its as if the designers are clueless.
    (bad enough to have an exhaust fan in the bottom that wont be used to its full potential but Nzxt felt the need to throw a couple more fans there as well (to compete for air with the under utilized PS fan)

The gasket is worthless as long as the PS is screwed to the back of the case without grommets.(basically the heads of the screws will transfer any vibration the the rear panel)
  6. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    that case is ugly :shadedshu
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

Disign is good for my PSU :). Maybe flip the PSU and dremel time :).

hehe yeah you would have to use rubber screws lol.
  8. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    looks nice but the fact that you have to change the fans to get it to be silent defeats the point and i also see that it is pricy

if it was more complete it would be okay but its nothing special

i like the design aesthetics but you could take a crap case and add in the special foam and new fans ect and make it silent for cheaper probably

i like my NZXT tempest fine tho its a real airflow king now all i need is to get 2 dust filters for the back and side panel fan
  9. jcfougere

jcfougere New Member

Thanks Received:
    I consider the PSU on the bottom design a serious flaw. Especially in this case, since it's all sealed up with sound proofing.

My reasoning is simple, hot air rises. Having the PSU at the top with a nice fan sucking out keeps all the hot air from lower components (CPU, GPU, RAM etc) moving up and out. Moving this fan down and upside down means it's pulling only a fraction of the hot air out of the case, while the rest would settle near the top, outside of the direct flow of air being pulled out by the back fan.

NZXT has another case with this feature, I forget which one, but same flaw...the inside of cases should be aerodynamic, since all a case really does it hold everything together, and keep things cool.