1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

O/Cing my 930

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Aceman.au, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    Since Ive got awesome temps with my new cooler... What speed and voltage should I bump my 930 up to?

2. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    To be honest I'm familiar with speeds but to the voltage that goes with them

3. xvi

xvi

Thanks Received:
    Start with bumping clock, then worry about bumping voltage if/when you're not happy with the speeds you get.

(AMD fanboy here, so I'm not totally sure about voltage. I hear you Intel people do pretty well on stock voltage.)

Aceman.au says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    Alrighty... Im not experienced with voltages

5. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    First, stop the double posts. If you need to, go back and edit posts.

As far as overclocking your chip, there are a couple of really good threads dedicated to nothing but core i7 chips and the x58 chipset. They will help you. Here's the quick and dirty. Raise your BCLK slowly, like by 2-3 at a time. After you raise the BCLK, use a short stability tester like a 10 minute run of LinX or OCCT/Linpack. This is to test basic stability. If it passes the stability test, then repeat the process. Once it fails a 10 minute test, then you need to start adding some voltage. Start adding cpu and qpi voltage in small increments. Test again. If stable, go back and raise the bclk again. Repeat the entire process as needed. Keep an eye on temps. There will be a point where you'll have to start raising BCLK by only 1 as you are getting close to your wall. I don't like to see load temps above 75c. Also, keep your memory multiplier very low until you are done overclocking the cpu since adding BCLK also adds speed to the memory. Once you are satifisfied with your overclock, do a longer OCCT linpack test (1 hour), and a couple of 3dmark runs for more confident stability. This "quick and dirty" guideis ONLY meant to get you started. There are many subtle, techinical methods for overclocking these chips, but you should get the basics down first.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  6. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU