1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

oblivian(the elder scrolls)

Discussion in 'Games' started by newmodder, Apr 1, 2006.

1. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    well i just got this game today...in one word it is awesome, excellent graphics huge maps, and great game play. you can play in FPS mode or 3rd person mode.

but god dam i am stuck in between the stairs and cant get out( f-ing game glitch and it is the only save point i have other than starting all over again.

2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    tried jumping around?

3. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    well that sucks...

4. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeh tried everything..gave up and started over

5. xdaxxchampxx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just picked up this game myself and i must say the grafix are top notch and the game isnt to shabby either :laugh:

6. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    cool..i am just right into this game..i am not much of RPG game guy but DAM i like this game.

how far are you in the game? right now i am where i have to give an offering of gold-willow-dust to a shrine.

7. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    i'm about 20 hours into the gameplay and kinda stuck .. the higher your level is the stronger the mobs are .. one early quest of the story i postponed and now 15 levels later its kinda impossible to do

8. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    level 15..holy shnykee

15 levels? wow i am still on level 3. i guess i am taking my time..haha yeh but i like to go through every temple i come across and kill them all..hey did you know that when your map is open you can click on your destination and instantly travel there,thats only if you have been there before though..but ya prolly know that all ready :) i gonna go and play the game now..lol...i have a long way to go if your on level 15

9. Unknown404

Unknown404 New Member

Thanks Received:
    level 5, but already an arch mage of mage guild :) no reason to level up to fast because mobs do same thing. and using any acrobatic or athletics skill in main skills is a good way to be weak and out leveld.

10. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, w1zz, I'm surprised you've clocked in the most hours on this video game. :p

11. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Game never gets boring, I was very good in all the elder scrolls, especailly the last one. I have to say even though I havent played it, I could see myself playing it for a while

12. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just started this game today, and WOW, all I can say. Only thing I've found annoying is that at the beginning, whenever the other characters fight, I lag out horribly. It was only two scenes, but it was terrible. I had to walk away from my computer and come back after the fights.

13. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Probably why he won't answer me when I try to get my motherboard supported by systool. :p

Only kidding W1zzard, whenever you have the time. :cool:

14. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    it does get boring for me .. i think i rushed through levels too quick and now everything is so freaking hard

15. Anarion New Member

Thanks Received:
    first flaw of the game , imo is ; they are superbly ugly (also urself ) i spend 1h for character & it's still ugly & 2nd. why it's so big . also don't like rpg that look like fps !

16. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    press R to play 3rd person

17. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    The game runs like garbage on my computer, but that isn't stopping me from playing it since it really is a good game. Level 23, 45 hours into the game almost done all the quests :\

18. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    its a nice game.. tweaking about with the settings (view/fade) distances.. resolutions and stuff makes a huge difference to fps and how the game plays..

it played perfectly with no noticable slowdowns on my x850 card leaving it how the game set things.. but tweaking about with my x1900 card can make it unplayable.. its all down to how u have it set..

my main problem with it is it randomly crashes back to the desktop whenever it feels like it.. messing with hardware settings (fast or slow) dosnt seem to make the slighttest difference.. the game just seems unstable.. it can play for three hours without a problem or it can bomb out three times in ten minutes.. there dosnt seem to be a pattern to it..

i just treat the ramdom crashes just like another "instant death" game hazard and make sure i hit the quicksave button on a regular basis... he he

trog

19. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    beginning to find a pattern in the crashing.. the game played perfectly for about seven hours not a single crash..in the city.. sewers and fighting arena.. as soon as i left imperial city the crashes started again three in about an hour.. everyone when i hit the action button to pass thru a door to the outside world from in some cave or other.. wierd.. ??

instead of the little load screen appearing its instant windows desktop "sometimes".. he he..

trog

20. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    carmarons paradise

well well crossed over into camerons paradise and when i went to talk to the first person, the game froze with a constant buzzing sound, this is the first time it has crashed so i am going to try again and see if it does it again at the same spot.