1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OC'd whole system a little, Any good?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by poo417, Jan 13, 2006.

1. poo417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi I have managed to squeeze some more juice out of my system. I will attach a SIS mem bandwidth result, 3d 03, some sysdata and cpuz screen shot. Do they look reasonable and can anyone see any problems from the settings. Seems stable so far.

Poo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  2. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice job!

That Graphics card is performing fairly well, thougth for an x850xt pe, i would expect better, but it's probably just the way you've configured the drivers, so not to worry.

I can't really see the screenshots very well though, they're a little small!

You beat me by 100mb/s on the memory bandwidth, so i'm gonna be up all night crying now :p

Good job.

3. poo417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    cheers, my gfx card is only an xt.... I will try and get beter pic, but with the small attachments
    size I cant get a format that seems to be clear. I can always push the system a bit further.
    ;)

Poo

4. poo417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just a little more...

OK I can push it a little further but my ram is holding me up. It is not meant to be that great at OC'ing anyway. I guess I will need to start thing about some new RAM. May as well get 2 gig. Will need to get some fast stuff as I hope my processor can handle some more ;) . Then I suppose come summer it will be the yearly upgrade and donation of old computer to the better half. Then can look at AM2 and some nice fast ram:nutkick:
    I will also try fiddling with the ram timings to see if I can get more out of the ram.

Poo

5. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    You could try tightening the timings on the RAM. That stuff is rated to fo 2.5-3-3-6 on AMD I have the same set now in the Missus machine(I have 2x1024 of the same in mine now)I recall mine being able to do 220Mhz at 2-3-3-6(Intel's tightest) so all you can do it try it at 2.5 will lower your overall latency some

6. poo417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh well my memory timing are already at 2.5 3 3 6 nevermind. I also think from memory when I tried to run it at 1T the system would not boot.:shadedshu
    Still can't camplain a 15% system OC is not too bad, and it's satble.

poo

7. breakfromyou New Member

Thanks Received:
    you're ldt multiplier is set to 5x. that could cause stability problems.

what revision is that corsair? i had some XMS C2PT, rev.4.2 samsung TCC5 :)
    didn't overclock as well as i wanted, so i got something that has TCCD.

8. poo417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Funnily enough I was just about to ask that question in another post. I just noticed it was running at,

Chipset 1
    Model : Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Athlon 64 / Opteron HyperTransport Technology Configuration
    Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 1135MHz (2270MHz data rate)
    In/Out Width : 16-bit / 16-bit
    Maximum Bus Bandwidth : 9080MB/s (estimated)

as i keep seeing that it should run at 1000Mhz. It seems to run fine, but when I start fiddling about with mem divider and the multiplier the system wont boot. I maybe need to ad more V to the core and try running higher clock and slow timings down. I am not sure what rev my ram is where will i find out? Any ideas on pushing system further would be welcome.

Poo

9. breakfromyou New Member

Thanks Received:
    the sticker on your ram module tells you. 1135 is pretty high. 2270 for something thats supposed to run at 2000...think about that. this thing doesn't even make it that far before i run into problems. lower my ldt multi to 4, and everythings fine...

10. poo417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK I will check when I get home at work at the moment. I will also try and set the multiplier to 4. It is quite a bit over spec I know that but so far no great problems. Although I suppose I have had cs:s and bf2 crash on my a couple of times over the last week. No problems with NFSMW though. I do have the voltage at HTV 1.35, from memory up from 1.25 standard. I wonder if that is why it seems reasonably stable. I take this should make no great difference to system performance just give back rock solid stability.

Poo