1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ Introduces RevoDrive Series of PCI-Express Solid State Drives

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jun 28, 2010.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, releases the RevoDrive PCI-Express SSD, an innovative storage solution that focuses on both performance and affordability for consumers. The new RevoDrive was developed to push the limits of economical SSD technology to deliver a revolutionary product with a remarkable price point.

Moving beyond the bottleneck of SATA 3 Gb/s, the OCZ RevoDrive features a PCIe interface to deliver superior speeds over 500 MB/s reads and random small file writes up to 80,000 IOPS, nearly twice the speed of other consumer SSDs. Thanks to a proprietary RAID 0 design, the RevoDrive maximizes data access and bandwidth to promote a faster, more responsive PC experience compared to not only hard drives, but other SSDs on the market.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

“The RevoDrive is the first PCIe SSD that delivers both performance and affordability and radically alters the SSD landscape,” said Ryan Petersen, CEO of the OCZ Technology Group. “Up to this point PCIe SSDs have been reserved for enterprise applications and priced out of the range of many consumers, the bootable RevoDrive SSD changes the game by delivering a PCIe based solution that costs as low as $3 per gigabyte, exceptional small file write IOPS of over 80K, which is the most available in any low-cost solution.”

Unlike competing PCIe solutions, the RevoDrive is bootable, ensuring the satisfaction of quicker boot-ups, load times, and computing, all while promoting cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives.

Offering ample storage for the latest operating systems, game titles, and applications, the OCZ RevoDrive will be initially available in 120GB and 240GB capacities, with MSRPs of $389.99 and $699.99.*

*US market price
  2. Per Hansson

Thanks Received:
  3. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Nice, price isnt to bad either to be honest :toast:
  4. mnm222876 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Would this be faster than two (2) Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB SATA III 6GB/s in a Raid 0 config?

Two C300 would only be $300.
  5. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Thanks to a proprietary RAID 0 design, the RevoDrive maximizes data access and bandwidth to promote a faster, more responsive PC experience compared to not only hard drives, but other SSDs on the market.

This renders argument of TRIM invalid. RAID NO TRIM.... At least until now
  6. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
    I'm surprised really; when these drives first came out they costed like $3000 if I remember well.
  7. buggalugs

buggalugs

Thanks Received:
    It would probably be about the same in reads, but writes and everything else would be faster on this thing. The crucial C300's only excel at large reads, the writes and all other measures are a bit slow. (compared to fast sata 2 drives)

And who wants to the use the Marvell controller unless you have to? This thing is good value!
  8. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Hrm...I may have to snag one of these if it really destroys the performance of my new Corsair F100.
  9. caleb

Thanks Received:
    80k IOPS is a nice database :)
  10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Read = 500+ MB but write ?. some details missing there ?, although no rrom in my system for that but i do like it lol.
  11. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:

where did you find the price on those c300's?
  12. mnm222876 New Member

Thanks Received:
  13. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    ME want especially with over 500MBS and 80k IOPS