1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ PC-5000 EL Platinum DFI nF4 Special

Discussion in 'News' started by W1zzard, Apr 7, 2005.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    OCZ today announced the release of the exclusive PC-5000 EL Platinum series, a line of memory specially designed for use with DFI nF4 motherboards.

OCZ developed the PC-5000 Platinum DFI nF4 Special series with performance enthusiasts in mind. This ground-breaking member of the proprietary OCZ Platinum series is custom-built for premium operation on the highly-popular DFI nF4 motherboard series. At the extreme speed of 625MHz, the OCZ PC-5000 Platinum is still capable of achieving blistering timings of 3-4-4-10!

As far as I know this is the first time in history that memory is specifically built for one Motherboard. The sticks come in hand-picked, matched sets of 2x512 MB or as one 512 MB stick.

2. ReconCX New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, that's awesome.. i'm getting a DFI nF4 SLI mobo sometime in the future.. but as much as I would LOVE to get this stuff.. man, that'll blow my bank account out of the water...

3. Unregistered Guest

Blistering?

3-4-4-10 is anything but blistering timings! NF4 owners will be much better off with VX.

4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought NF4 motherboards get a huge performance knock from high latencys due to the integrated memory controller on the Athlon 64... Wouldnt Corsair XML be best for any NF4 mobo?

5. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    It's really blistering timings considering the speed at which it is run. Try looking at the DDR2 667MHz timings and you'll know what I mean... :p