1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ Vendetta 2

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Sh3ngLong, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Sh3ngLong New Member

Thanks Received:
    BenchmarkReviews did some tests on various CPU coolers and found OCZ's Vendetta 2 to be the best performer.

Best CPU Cooler Performance - Q1 2008

Does anyone here have first hand experience with the Vendetta 2?
  2. dadi_oh

dadi_oh New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I have an OCZ Vendetta. Not sure about the "2" part. I looked at the review and the pictures and it looks identical to what I have.

Performance was exceptional in my opinion. I went straight to the Vendetta when I bought my E2180 so I can't compare to a stock cooler. However, I was getting 51C on both cores under Prime95 full load with the E2180 overclocked to 380X8 and 1.4V Vcore. When I upgraded to a Swiftech water cooling system I only beat this by about 4C with the radiator fans on high. With the radiator fans on 60% (noise level much reduced) I was getting about the same 51C.

So my Vendetta was almost performing on par with my Swiftech water cooling system (albeit with a lot more noise :)

BTW. I used Arctic Silver 5 rather than whatever came with the Vendetta. I would suggest you do the same. I spread the paste on just the heatpipes with a razor blade to avoid wasting a bunch of paste in the cracks between the pipes. That seemed to work quite well.

:toast:
    Sh3ngLong says thanks.
  3. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    HDT S1283 with beefed up fins... nothing more. Im saying its better, ask OCZ or Xigmatek if you can have a bolt thru kit too... someone got one and it dropped temps by another 5*C
    Sh3ngLong says thanks.
  4. Sh3ngLong New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the info, guys. I just ordered the Vendetta 2 off Amazon. Apparently Newegg doesn't carry it yet. I'll check into the bolt thru kit you suggested, tk.

And dadi, the main difference I see between the Vendetta 2 and the original are the fan size (120mm vs 92mm).
  5. dadi_oh

dadi_oh New Member

Thanks Received:

My bad. I just looked at the picture. If the fan is now 120mm then the heatsink itself has probably grown to fit it. Sounds like it will be even better than my Vendetta "1".

Cheers