• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Odd Issue with Mouse & Autohotkey Script

Processor i5-6600k (4.2 GHz)
Motherboard Asus Z170-P D3
Memory Crucial 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 970
Storage Samsung 850 Pro
Display(s) Philips 272G5DYEB + Samsung LED HDTV
Case Cooler Master HAF 912
Power Supply Corsair 700W
Software Windows 8.1 64 Bit
Preface: I'm playing a game called Path of Exile, there is an ability in the game that often requires you to hold shift and right click, so rather than do that, I tried to use a basic script that would make right clicking into shift+right clicking. This is the Autohotkey script:

#IfWinActive, Path of Exile ahk_class Direct3DWindowClass
Rbutton::Send {shift Down}{rbutton down}
Rbutton Up::Send {shift Up}{rbutton up}

The Problem: Something is happening where occasionally when I left click, it's like Shift is still being held, it's also happening outside of the game. I can tell because if I click on Google Chrome in the task bar, it's opening a new window as if I'm Shift+Clicking it rather than just bringing the window to focus as it should.

To pick up loot in the game, I have to hold the Alt key and click on the item, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but I thought it was worth mentioning. I'm reasonably sure it's not a hardware issue with the Shift key getting stuck or anything. It's a fairly new mechanical keyboard and the issue only arises while playing this game and using this script. It's also worth noting I can remedy the issue by tapping my Shift key a number of times. It seems to go back to normal. But I'm never actually physically hitting Shift during the game, so I don't think it's getting stuck.

I don't have Sticky/Toggle/Filter keys enabled in the Ease of Access Center, and I'm using Windows 7 64-bit if that matters. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I can do short of not using the script?