1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Odd issue with STEAM

Discussion in 'Games' started by sneekypeet, Jul 31, 2008.

1. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I recently got the gift of GRID in my STEAM account. I haven't played anything on steam in about 2 weeks maybe 3, but UT3 ram and the STEAM window functioned properly.

Here is my dilemma. I went to try to install the gift, and to my surprise I was greeted by STEAM with no words(see image)!

Now I brought this to erocker last night and we worked through some troubleshooting ideas, such as clean wipe and reinstall w/update, also making sure my Vista fonts were set to STEAMS supported list.

I have sent in a support ticket to STEAM to see what they have to say about it, but they seem to be a bit slow with providing a reply. So I come to you to see if anyone else has run into this issue previously, and how it was rectified.

Thanks, peet

[​IMG]

2. The Haunted

Thanks Received:
    You could backup your games data and reinstall steam. Maybe that would work?

3. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Didnt back up a thing...did a super clean wipe and reinstall/update 3 times already to be sure. I wanted no traces of any issues prior to trying to reinstall!

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  5. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    hey dude.... i recently had my account on steam hacked...
    Anyways i wrote them a mail... (on the steam system) and diddnt get any response...
    Since then I wrote another mail and told them that i heard nothing and was hacked off... and guess what... they responded in like 8 hours... and solved my problem :)

Id email them again...

sneekypeet says thanks.
  6. kyle2020 Guest

like twick said, just spam their inbox with complaints, they'll have to take notice after a while. Tried googling your problem?

7. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    I have googled for issues similar, and the link erocker provided is a good start. I have it installed but I have a game on download so I cant restart yet.

I do however have no issue spamming the support system...lol
    If I don't get a response by ending hours pacific time I will commence the spamming!

8. kyle2020 Guest

i cant blame you, its the only way to get attention some times.

9. Fuse-Wire

Fuse-Wire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Scotland, Far away from normality as possible
    Maybe the reason they are sooo busy is cos they have half thier complaints department working on half-life part 3!!
    i just re-installed steam when that problem happened, only did when i tried downloading TF2 back onto my computer, ended up using the disc instead.

10. nick_1992

Thanks Received:
    it took me 2 days to get my account back after i got my steam account hacked (and it happens often from what i hear)

11. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Well as an update I have tried different skins, adding more fonts, nothing.

Im relly starting to wonder if the update killed my menus.