1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OEM Advice needed!!

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Akumos, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Akumos

Akumos

Thanks Received:
    Hi

I'm building a system for a friend. When they switch it on, I want it to be at the stage where they enter their username etc...

How do I achieve this with all the drivers installed?

Thanks

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's still going to need to boot up when powered on. All you need to do is setup a user name and password in Windows user accounts via the Control Panel.

3. Akumos

Akumos

Thanks Received:
    Then what?

I want all the drivers installed, but when he boots up the computer, it asks for a username (as if it's the first time the computer has been turned on)!

4. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Create a user for them, then in the run window type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes and set it to auto login, is that what you want?

5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    So you want it like on a computer you would get from Dell or someone like that? Where all the drivers and programs are pre-loaded, but they still have to enter all their information to register and create a user account, like the first time you boot the computer after installing the OS.

Look up how to Sysprep the machine. That will allow you to do exactly that. You can work with the machine to load drivers and programs(such as an Anti-Virus), then sysprep the machine and when they boot the computer it will go through the initial setup process again to create their own user name and enter their own information in.

How to Sysprep a Windows 7 Machine: http://blog.brianleejackson.com/sysprep-a-windows-7-machine-–-start-to-finish-v2
    How to Sysprep a Windows XP Machine: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302577

Akumos says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  6. Akumos

Akumos

Thanks Received:
    Brilliant!! Thanks all!!! Much appreciated!!