1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Office 2010 RTM available on TechNet today

Discussion in 'General Software' started by qubit, Apr 22, 2010.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    It's April 22nd here in England and It'll be on TechNet in just a few hours. It comes in native 64-bit now, too.

Everyone get ready with your download managers! :D
  2. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Should have posted this in my TechNet subscribers club! Now I steal the credit and post it in my own thread MUAHAHAHAHA
  3. qubit

Thanks Received:
    It's out now. Get downloading! :toast:
    DanishDevil says thanks.
  4. xrealm20

xrealm20 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Downloading now!!!!

Anyone else been using the beta since last year?
  5. qubit

Thanks Received:
    I did, but only in a quick overview sort of way - and it's ok; doesn't seem compelling unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, it's excellent, like all Office versions, but what killer features does it have over 2003 & 2007? My main machine is currently running Office 2007.

What do you think of the Ribbon and it's use on Outlook now? I've got mixed feelings about that. I still kinda prefer the old style menu system and was glad that they kept it for Outlook 2007, although I'm not sure why they did it.

I'm doing an OS re-install in the next couple of days and I'll install 2010 and see how I like it. If I don't then I might even go back to 2003. I really like the layout and colour scheme of that version, it does everything I want and is the version being used at work (I work in IT).
  6. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    I've been using the beta since last year. It's more like the move from Vista to 7: a minor refresh addressing the most popular complaints and suggestions.

It didn't take too much getting used to for me since I came from 2007. That took a lot of getting used to, but it's intuitive now.

Don't forget, in Word, you can go to File > Options, and change your color scheme. This affects all your office programs. I use black. Looks loads better IMO.
    qubit says thanks.
  7. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Danish, what do you think of the new colour scheme for Outlook? I found it a bit dark in the beta. Do you prefer the old menu system or the Ribbon. Note that I haven't had a chance to run the RTM yet.
  8. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Only spent a little time with RTM, but the look and especially the feel is much better than 2007 and 2008 (Mac) that I use at work. To be fair, the boxes at work are Vista and OSX while I'm using 7 at home.

Doesn't seem to be a Basic suite though. The 2007 edition included Word, Excel, and Outlook - the only apps we use and was priced well.