1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Hehe, so you've played with me a couple of time :roll:

2. YinYang.ERROR

YinYang.ERROR New Member

Thanks Received:

Hah I do that too, but I do believe that C4 needs to do less damage to the mcoms.

3. Rapidfire48

Thanks Received:
    C4's should do no damage to the m-coms. they should be destroyed the way they were intended to and that is by setting a charge and holding it until it blows up.

Scrizz says thanks.
  4. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    Early days of beta:
    99% GPU utilization
    Great, fluid performance

Currently:
    60% (peak) GPU utilization
    Crap, laggy performance

Yes, there has been performance degradation.

5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I ran a full test of 9.12, a full test of 10.1, right now I'm setting those settings in CCC and going to run a full test with them, so hopefully have results here in an hour or so. But while I'm speaking of results, I urge everyone here to support a thread I have going over on the EA forums.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...beta/883798-round-stats-off.html#post12527898

It seems in round stats can be significantly off. I've now had over 10 rounds where it would show more kills by my Most Used Weapon that I had total. And sometimes I felt that the most used weapon stat was the right one. Heres 2 screen examples I put up in that thread (hopefully these will urge you guys into keeping that post bumped)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And it doesn't end there, yesterday when I looked, I had 265 dog tags, which should mean 265 knife kills, but my knife listed only 227 kills. Thats almost 50 kills off, which is almost a 25% error in the records. That means by the time you hit 1000 kills, your stats could be more than 250 kills off.... Something thats very serious and needs to get taken care off.

digibucc says thanks.
  6. YinYang.ERROR

YinYang.ERROR New Member

Thanks Received:

The final game stats are not only based off kills, but on achievements as well. But yes the knife kills and dog tags need to be synced better.

7. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I know that, you get points for kills, destruction of crates, destruction of vehicles resupplys, heals, rezzing, a bunch of things.

But what I'm saying is, if knife stats are off, whats to say everything else isn't off either? Knifing is the only stat you can double check, because you have dog tags and you can check your knife kills. But a gun all you can do is see the gun kills, you will never know that their stats are off. But I can bet any money, that if one weapons stats are almost 25% off (the knife) that every other one has as large of an error.

And yes leaderboards are shown by point totals, but K/D ratio is a very competitive thing, and to think that could be 25% off is a huge issue. Just think, 25% means by the time you have 10000 kills or should have 10000, you might only have 7500! And if the kill stats are not tracked properly, who says everything else is? If theres a 25% error in over all point totals, that makes it even worse, especially since for me it seems to be a negative 25%, which I would assume it is for everyone as it just doesn't register something at some point.

8. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    dang i need to get knifing some more.
    Can't let Kurgan stay ahead

9. JUDOHAWK New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, my performance seems to be worse now than it was the first day I played it. I mean it's playable for me, but I hope the retail version runs better for everyone all around.

10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Well I got the test done for the ATI CCC tweaks, I had one old fraps bench from the 2nd I tossed in to show the games performance since then. I felt it got worse, but it seems it got better. You can see on my feb 9th run though that the frames pretty much bottom out, which is the issue I was talking about, I'm pretty sure for those few seconds I was in a massive explosion. But even the basic 10.1's seemed to fix that. Granted the basic 10.1's overall are worse than the 9.12's, and the tweaked 10.1's seem to be slightly better than the 9.12's. but most of all, they don't ever have the fps just drop right out. I don't completely agree with all of that guys choice of settings in the tweaks thread, so I will be running 1 more test with my own personal CCC tweaks, I want to try it with HBAO on and some of the settings set to quality, as far as I look at it right now, he set things to performance which is going to do a worse job, and he turned HBAO off, so those could easily be the answers for the higher fps. Anyways, here's the massive image, I left it this way because if you don't zoom in it's hard to tell what line is what, gets all smooshed.

[​IMG]

How many dog tags you got? I knife a lot more people than I shoot, knifes usually my best weapon in the round, but it gets me killed, I could have a better K/D ratio if I wasn't so tag hungry. I've been known to chase enemys across roads into groups of more enemys just for some tags, I usually get them then get killed, when I just could have shot them and moved on.

Scrizz and TRIPTEX_CAN say thanks.
  11. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    I only have 58 :cry: :eek:

12. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Interesting data Kurgan. I think the game feels like it's playing with worse performance now because of the server updates. It doesnt matter it your card is pumping 90FPS in the game if the server is only offering your system 35FPS worth of data to process. I might be on drugs but it feels like server load and latency to said server is the detemining factor on performance (for those who actually get the game to run well hardware wise).

Thoughts?

13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Thats possible, I never notice any performance issues, except like on the 9.12 run where the FPS dropped out, but any of those other drops to mid 30's, usually I don't notice. But server issues are highly noticeable, like gliding sideways, or running slow then running like you have turbos on.

The game overall I think runs good, but it could use a few more tweaks, and the servers are way better than day 1, but still also need a bit of work. I'm gonna go watch Gran Torino right now, but later on tongith I'll try 10.1 with some other CCC tweaks and HBAO on. Also the other noticeable thing about the CCC tweaks is that, notice I have vsync on and the only run where it keeps cracking 60fps constantly is the CCC tweaked run. I can only assume it's because CCC is managing more and the game doesn't process that stuff on it's end so it ends up spiking way up there. I mean that tweak run with vsync on half of the time I was over 60 fps and by a good margin.

14. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I got another key to give away...first to pm me gets it.(nvidia SLi testing, must be some issues...)

15. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Sry for double post, but I gotta bump this. CLUBSLi is giving out keys today to all members, and I got one. I'm gonna post the key...whoever gets it, gets it.

HERE IT IS:

G6SQ-6L2F-NMU6-BCZC

Download the client here:

http://badcompany2.ea.com/agegate

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ... you just posted the key

17. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yep..I don't need it, whoever tries it first...it's thiers!

:rockout:

I want this game to be the best it can...so...the more playing, the more bugs reported, the better!

18. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    wished i could get it in time but i might just buy the game

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    try it, brandon! take my extra key, pls!

20. Fulger New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's the way it should be....but do you remember battlefield 2? EA done nothing about tons of bugs....

i sure hope the full version will have all the bugs removed....until then i'll just enjoy 50fps on any card i can put my hands on:|

21. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I love the spelling of Favorites !

22. JUDOHAWK New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like the beta so far and it gets better everytime I play it.

But I kindof want to see how the Retail release is. It doesn't run too bad for me though on medium, but I'd like it to run better.

23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    You should fill out your system specs.

24. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Damn I caved and bought it just so I could play the beta :p

25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Good choice, it's a lot of fun. :toast: