1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I would but I had to cancel my debit card because some place in London kept charging it.
    Paypal isn't an option now either until I get that all squared away.
  2. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    Was wondering if there is anyone that doesnt really care for the beta and wouldnt mind giving up their key. I ve got a buddy that needs one so he can see how how his system handles it.
  3. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I don't have a key available but if you post up his specs I can probably tell you how it will run for him.
  4. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    So far

I got into the Beta this weekend, We need to get a thread or the OP to start keeping a list of TPU players... I am playing so far as "bpgt64"
  5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    OK got it to update. Now I am actually getting my scores up and some unlocks. Just in time to have them shut it down until the retail is released. :ohwell:
  7. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    As to anybody that has the PC BETA version already know's that there are a lot of bugs. Mine has been running superb with my Crossfire 5850 running the game in DX 11 @ max settings. However, there isn't a problem with anything in that nature. The problem is my stupid connection error. I will play for at least 10-15mins and then I get a "Connection Lost. Please check your network/internet connection yadadada blah blah." Everything is connected fine. I can play CSS MW2 without any problems, just with BFBC2 I get disconnected for no reason.

This is what I know:
    Other people with PCs, even consoles have this error.
    There is no known patch to fix this
    This is a bug that EA has yet to solve

This is what I've tried:
    Disabled Firewall in my router settings
    Disabled UnP/other various urban mythis in my router
    Enabled Full Acess via my ZoneLabs ZoneAlarm Security Suite
    Unistalled/Reinstalled Punkbuster
    Updated Lastest Punkbuster
    Uninstalled/Reinstalled BFBC2
    Still cannot fix this bug/error . This game kicks ass and it's so much more intense than MW2 multiplayer. HAS anybody been able to fix this bug/error?

Please tell me what you guys have done if you have solved this stupid problem

I have pre-purchased this game, so HOPEFULLY the full version will not have this error.

My Theory:

EA/DICE don't give a sh*t because this is only a beta version, they want known bugs that affect gameplay. This is more of "play time before kick" error. Think about it. Thousands if not Millions of people have this BETA version (people who bought it or for free) are playing right now. There are only like several serves available (TEXAS, VIRGINA,RUSSIA,I think Netherlands, and a couple other ones) that are getting flooded with people trying to play this lovely game.

-Alexsubri
  8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    but it has dedicated servers and you can choose what server you want to connect to if you take the time, instead of "join now". I haven't gotten a single connection error in the time since PC beta has been available, aside from one of the 5 times I used "join now" use the server browser and pick servers with low latency.

not saying there is no problem, just saying you shouldn't think it is some massive conspiracy because it happens to you. just because it does doesn't mean it happens to a majority, or even a sizeable minority.

if it does, I am sure it will be fixed. they do not want to lose money by turning away prospective players. but more often than not the PEBCAK.... regardless, for the amount i have been reading and talking about this game, and have not heard of this massive problem you speak of - makes me think you are over-exaggerating it. even iff you are not, i doubt it is somehting that will be fixed for the 3 days left in beta.

again though, server browser, low lat

and yeah... here I am thinking i'm giving myself a break, forgetting beta ends soon anyway!
    alexsubri and TheLaughingMan say thanks.
  9. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, I will try that. I've been looking this up on google, on the EA forms there are over 100+ pages of people having the same problem.
  10. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Same for me. I only get kicked from servers for CTD, never for connection error. Server Browser > Low Latency or Friend List > TPU member.

As of now the "Play Now" button seems to pick the first server that responses with an open slot with ping (I am guessing here less than 150ms) which is crap 8/10 times. Do not click that button, ever. If you want to roll with us and see if you have the problem still, I live in Mississippi and I have 45 to 78 ping with nearly every server in Texas, Atlanta, and 1 or 2 in Illinois. Add me to your Friend list (Gysgt_Highway) and we can kill together at around 11:00 p.m. central.
  11. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Ok the learning curve seems to be over. I am enjoying it a lot now.
    Can't wait until the retail is released. I'll be in Vegas for a week the
    weekend after it is released so I will have catching up to do. I'm going
    to campaign it first any way. Does any one know what the name of
    TPU's server is going to be ?
  12. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    okay, my in name game as of now is Rubb Bubb
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  13. sapetto

sapetto New Member

Thanks Received:
    Because i didn't have a chance to get a beta key i was wondering how the game will run on my old HD4850. I think its time for an upgrade... :D

Offtopic: Do you guys got your special in-game content from DrPepper? It is shame that there is no DrPepper here in my country. The code also gives awesome outfits for Battlefield Heroes (which my bro plays) and he is so desperate. Does anyone have a spare code from a DrPepper? God i know no begging in the forums but lol he is so desperate and spammed a lot of forums to get one with no luck.
  14. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Only the American's can get the code from DrPepper from what I've seen.
  15. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    There are reusable codes available on the Internet but those only seem to work with Mass Effect 2, at least for me (you can only use a code once per account, just create another Dr. Pepper account).
    The really good stuff is only available for the unique codes.
  16. sapetto

sapetto New Member

Thanks Received:
    The so called reusable are not working and i was just asking if someone is willing to give me his spare code because a lot of people here are from USA. I tried bro :D
  17. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    wherefore art thou dr pepper codes? I drink tons of the stuff and buy it all the time, I have seen nothing of the sort? where it at?
  18. sapetto

sapetto New Member

Thanks Received:
    Under the cap of the bottle
    [​IMG]
    digibucc says thanks.
  19. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    ahhh ...i get 12 pack cans and must be old ones, as i see nothing of the sort.. thanks for the pic!
  20. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    OHHH!

I don't like Dr. Pooper but I wouldn't mind getting an unlock for something in bad co 2...regardless of how ridic it is!
  21. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    The unfair! I want new stuff too, why must they always be US only promotions!
  22. sNiPeRbOb

sNiPeRbOb New Member

Thanks Received:
    go on the website, under the games it supports, it lists Battlefield Heroes, but not BFBC2... WTF... The soda bottle even has BFBC2 on it... I'm confused. Maybe because the game hasn't released yet?
  23. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    You answered your own question.
    sNiPeRbOb says thanks.
  24. sNiPeRbOb

sNiPeRbOb New Member

Thanks Received:
    I suppose I have rpsgc... DURR
  25. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    By the way, I couldn't find that name. I found Rubb Bubb, but not Rubb Dubb.