1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    Right thats what I was getting on my e8500/4870 setup. So now its a Q9550/4870 setup and the same fps in BC2? seems wierd.
  2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    why would it be weird? he's got a 5870. Your video card is holding you back, not your CPU.
  3. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah but your pc is probbaly a little more responsive too while playing bc2.. with background aps and such.

i wouldnt expect to see a huge FPS increase just from a cpu upgrade... but your OS will thank you
  4. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    Isnt BC2 very dependent on CPU, and arent quads generally better for BC2? Thats kinda my point here. I get this quad and I see no diff. Lots of people are talking about 60-90 fps with that setup on 5770's and 4870's. Maybe they are all exagerating, I dont know. I saw at least 30 fps increase in MW2. I'm going to bed now. thanks guys! you guys always make me think :)
  5. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    is your q9550 overclocked?

many variables that can cause similar system to perform not so similar.
  6. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Things like resolution, graphics quality, aa, af, hbao being enabled, sound quality, etc can all have an effect, not sure what your game settings are at and really it's a pretty GPU intensive game. I can say to me playing on a similar but lower clocked dual core setup, the game seemed less "smooth" overall, even though the FPS were good. I notice a quad easily in gaming, but to me it's more of a feel than a huge FPS increase. But having a quad is a good deal, that and a modern x64 OS in the future and you'll be good to go! :D
  7. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    If you were getting 75 - 90 with a e8500 and a single 4870 (especially 512mb), you were playing at a low resolution most likely. Shev's playing at 1920x1080, even the difference between 1680x1050 and 1920x1080 is huge, especially for 512mb cards.
  8. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I totally agree. I haven't played 5 minutes on recon. Most of my time is spent as engineer either repairing vehicles or trying to destroy them. I got 2 chopper kills with the RPG and now think I can do it all the time. That isn't working out. When I first played the game I was stupid too though. It'll take time for people to learn. Especially if they are coming over from MW2. Totally different tactics. Think BF 2 and that will help with the cross over. If you haven't played BF2 google BFBC2 tactics. Read up and you will enjoy the game a lot more.
    I went to scoring in the hundreds to being in the thousands now in just a couple days of playing team tactics instead of shoot and scoot or run and gun.
  9. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    If only they made themselves useful and started spotting and calling in mortar strikes all the time instead of just caring about their own K:D ratio. This isn't COD. You have to actually turn on your brain eh ;)
  10. Stonesour767

Stonesour767 New Member

Thanks Received:
    when are they killing off the pc beta? It's soon, isn't it : (
  11. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    Tomorrow.

BTW:
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Walkthough Trailer (with first look at the Rush map Valparaiso)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DNGWzutU9E

I wanna play in the Server of DOOM and cake too :'(
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    1Kurgan1 and shevanel say thanks.
  12. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  13. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    do anyone know if the demo have multiplayer or single-player ..... can we play online using the demo ???
  14. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    that sux
    oh well, I can't wait till the 2nd
    :D
  15. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    :p

Two weeks wait soon, have to give it a final run tonight or tomorrow.
  16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    That same guy did the cartoon for the sniper hill in the PS3 beta, it was the one with the snipers being wookies, he is my hero.
  17. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, they were funny even though I didn't play PS3 beta, would think even more if you did :)
  18. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm D2D states that they will have BC2 pre load available on the 28th

Source
    TheLaughingMan and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    The nice thing about the PS3 sniper hill was, it wasn't locked out from defense going up there. It was much closer to the action, I got many a dog tags by sneaking up the back side of that hill and stabbing the crap out of every single sniper up there.

Well then hopefully Steam does, I don't know all the technical things, but I remember Borderlands being able to be pre-loaded, so not sure why BC2 couldn't be.
  20. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am assuming that EA is giving everyone the go ahead on the 28th.

On their site they state the same thing.

I also would assume that digital distribution would be the same everywhere in North America even if it's not at 10 am on the dot (not that steam sticks to time anyway). I Have a gut feeling that Steam will get it 'some time™' on Sunday.

I assumed that all 2K games would be the same (pre loadable) via Steam...Bioshock 2 crushed that thought when we were able to download it after midnight the day of release...guess all i can say is "WE'LL F'N SEE!"
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
    shevanel and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  21. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    beta keys

Ok, key time, now that Beta is almost over. Still time for someone to give it a quick spin. (though it was going to end tomorrow evening, but ends tomorrow morning..)

5J2M-SAFN-Z8QY-YTH2
    edit: this might be free too
    FMWU-FWNR-RJ2W-ZJWR
  22. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    Hmm... Anyone else hates Medics who don't heal you, run away from you when you die and just plain don't give two bits about dead buddies? Healing and reviving gives points too you know.
  23. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well just played and got my self killed couple times trying to find the one who died :( See the Z on minimap, but no-one there to revive. Probably slid, exploded to a different place. Doesn't show where the player landed, just where he dies.

Though in BF2142 you revived where the kit was, not where the ragdoll landed. In this it's kinda hard to notice sometimes. Anyhow, it's always better to revive your team mates, than try and kill all by your self.

And for the question, not really, have gotten so used to it (in last few years). In fact I'm always surprised if someone does revive me :D Do try to revive and heal those that I can when in medic.
  24. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    I'm actually surprised if anyone in my team actually plays as Medic, much less help people D:
    I would, but I'm not very good at it (and you'd think the team would protect me, the giver of life :D).
  25. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I despise that also, and thats what gets a team to push further threw the points and father forward keeping health.

When 3-6 of your teamates are dead on the ground because of a lucky nade/ c4 reviving them instantly will give you 200-300 pionts, and then the guy that got lucky wont expect it, and get killed, then you heal your teamates and capture piont b or a and in the end make at least 1000 more pionts a game being a perfect medic, and killing then just trying to go full on assault with the wrong class.

I actually do play as medic, and win 10 games in a row, usually 2-4 people in the game will catch on to my point streak and sense on how to work the class