1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club!

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by t77snapshot, Nov 21, 2012.

1. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:

You could always dremel out a ventilated slot yourself? ;)

[​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for checking:toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    I just ordered a new Corsair AX750 with free sleeved cable kit as part of their holiday deals going on, so I jumped on it. Also have some new White Aeroshark fans and new lighting coming in for my HAF XB, window kit and possible paint job and a simple mod for the thumbscrews to prevent scratching the case paint, so stay tuned!

stinger608 says thanks.
  4. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    Something to keep in mind everyone, its become apparent with so many people having issues with mounting 200/230mm fans on the top panel mesh that it was designed with thee strange hole mount locations for Cooler Master fans ONLY. Every other brand of fan according to people just doesn't line up properly, so that only leads to an obvious conclusion, it was done purposely so CM could sell more of their 200mm fans.

5. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    You dont say? :p

Being serious, that happens, and it says so on their website the configuration. :toast:

6. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Club Update: :)

Two new videos have been linked to the OP, see below:

Thank you,

~T77~

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    Well i'm a bit peeved at Corsair and or Cooler Master right now. Just got my lovely brand new Corsair AX750 with free sleeving and was excited to install it tonight only to find a real frustrating issue. The gap distance with the HAF XB case isnt' enough to allow for the fan grill on my AX750 to slide through the back. No matter if I installed it from the rear of chassis or interior wise, it kept hanging up on the rear edge, no matter what I tried, it wouldn't budge

So I was either forced to dremel the fan screws and grill on the PSU and void my 7 year warranty, dremel my nice case just for two damn screws or remove the screws entirely. I opted for the non damaging way and removed the screws and yet it was STILL so tight of a fit that I scratched my case pushing the PSU through and tore the label on my brand new PSU just getting the PSU installed. I"m not to thrilled atm about this, so I wanted to make this an aware issue with people who were gonna get this case as well as Cooler Master themselves, because this just shouldn't happen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stinger608 and HammerON say thanks.
  8. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Man that sucks:(
    Thanks for the heads up!

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:

Damn sorry to hear about this most annoying issue regarding your psu, I think this is the fault of Cooler Master. :ohwell: My Kingwin Mach1 psu barely fit inside as well, it was an extremely tight fit and I don't understand why CM couldn't have left a couple mm extra...I mean the external bracket would have covered the gap anyways. How long is your psu? You could maybe mount it from the inside and make one of those flush plate mods like Ramsey77 (@OCN) did, he has the same psu as you I believe. :)

[​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    Well I'm either returning or selling the AX750 I just freaking got cause I just saw that Newegg is having insane deals on Corsair PSU's. I ordered the brand spanking new AX860 with free shipping, promo code for 15% off and then $20 MIR, so I get an even more powerful and efficient PSU for an amazing $150 when all is said and done! Sad thing is, this will put off showing my HAF XB build until I figure this colored sleeved cable situation out for the new PSU and if I can use the standard AX series cables or if I have to wait/buy the new cables for the new update AX/AXi series of PSU's *sigh* Was so looking forward to showing my baby this weekend too after installing my new LED Aerocool fans tomorrow....

11. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    Well I finally got my Aerocools after a VERY late and tired UPS driver dropped them off. Spent an hour getting them hooked up and installed and only to be...... dissapointed. First major thing was even with the fans in silent voltage mode, the twin 140mm still have a pretty loud "wooshing" sound being in in the front of such an open chassis grill, my Gentle Typhoon AP-13's were A LOT quieter despite the lower airflow and im willing to bet even my AP-14's would sound much quieter. The 120mm Aerocool is much more gentle with its airflow noise but that leads to the next dissapointment, I don't like how the case lights up with these clear plastic fan cases which is something I was worried about from the beginning vs if the frames were smoked tinted.

Too much of the red LED light mixes in with the clear fan chassis and basically becomes a weird " color mix" effect inside the case, especially with the white fan blades. The white blades do like when not in motion, adding nice contrast to all the black and red in the case but beyond that, its simply not having the desired lighting effect that I was hoping for and with the noise issue on top of it, looks I'll be sending back to newegg and starting from square one

*sigh* Sure am eating restocking fee's lately, I need to get this figured out fan and lighting wise. Now I wish I had given the Bit Fenix's a try but lots of people said they have clicking noise issues at low RPM's and that would drive me insane with this case. Thinking of just getting a small white LED strip to contrast with the red LED's and then stick with regular non LED case fans. I know Corsairs have been getting alot of attention but i've AP-13 and 14 Gentle typhoons just sitting here so maybe i'll get some rubber vibration screws and attach them that way to reduce noise a bit as the ones that come with the Aerocools are nice and LOTS easier then dealing with screws.

Sigh....trial and error in the end I guess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did get my AX750 yesterday and I really did like how the white cables looked in the case but then I saw Newegg was having a great deal on the new AX/i platinum psu series so I ordered a AX860 thanks to Corsair, im gonna get a full refund and no restocking fee for AX750.

[​IMG]

Just sucks over all cause I was really looking forward to getting this all done and showing of my case and now thats put on hold till I get all this sorted out

12. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    Your doing it wrong if it dont fit. I fit a 1200W toughpower grand in this case:laugh:

13. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    Not my fault that Cooler master made the tolerances so damn small

14. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    I got some belated Christmas gifts today and thought I would pass alot some teaser shots of my "Dark Wind" build with my HAF XB! Got some more stuff coming within the next week or so and I'm real excited to see the end result!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

t77snapshot says thanks.
  15. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    i wonder if CM will release a mATX only version of this?

16. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    stinger608 and t77snapshot say thanks.
  17. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    That green is nice except the mobo tray.

18. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I agree, the color of the tray and pci slots is just bad. Should have just left it black so that the board stand out more. ;)

Thanks for sharing 1ceTr0n !!

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    I dunno why the tray is that color, you'll have to ask the guy in his thread as I think its fugly also

20. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    OP Update: :toast:

Members Build Logs:

Harley Davidson Mod By: tastegw

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  22. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. tastegw

tastegw

Thanks Received:
    I really considered buying this for my case, but the one thing that stopped me was how its still raised up from the case, it looks like CM was lazy for the window mod, instead of making a non raised version. But the raised does have an advantage over non raised, bigger coolers can fit in.

I plan on using a AIO cooler, so I didnt need that extra room.

anyhoot, that is still very good news that they are selling them, that will save quite a few guys some work and @ that price, its a steal.

24. 1ceTr0n

1ceTr0n

Thanks Received:
    A little over $10 for ground FedEX shipping so I can't complain, I spend more at Frozen CPU via USPS for smaller stuff amazingly enough. Just hope its packaged well and not just thrown into an oversized envelope as i've never ordered from CM directly, so we shall see

25. tastegw

tastegw

Thanks Received:
    Did he paint the mobo tray with a uv green?