1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

oh-hum.. what to do what to do...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ketxxx, May 8, 2007.

1. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Ok so its like this, my Crosshair just decided to commit suicide (shorted itself somehow) I was gonna borrow £150 to get a new board, send the dead one back and get a refund (faster than RMA) but I been told I can now just keep the £150 :eek: so my question is; do I just dump the mobo and start the transition to C2D (can probably get a E43 at the same time as the new mobo) or do I get another crosshair, get the refund, then start transitioning?

2. Garb3

Garb3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    just my opinion but wait for the refund:)

3. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Sorry man, my finger slipped!! Just messin with ya! :toast: Id say go Core 2! But then Id prolly just be biased...:wtf: :roll:

4. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    50\50 so far eh? Well if it helps any, I was thinking of going right into C2D because replacing the crosshair doesnt work to any advantage, if anything I lose a little money. Plus the mobo I want is supposed to kick some serious arse (Abit AW9D MAX) and there are a lot of things I like about the board, just a shame its made by Abit :\ my new system is purely geared @ uni, and among other things, I intend to sell my 2GB kit of XP2-8000. Hell I may even sell my PSU in favour of something cheaper (but still good) just to recoup funds for uni.

5. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why not just get an X2 3600+ Brisbane and a Biostar TForce 550 and wait to get what K10 does
    You will make some money and be happy.

6. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Because its all too close to me going to uni, I start september 9th, and I only really have spare time up until about june 13th. After that I wont even really have time to sleep let alone have time to build and configure a new system.