1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Old Uncle Kreij's 2011 Gamers' Christmas Contest

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 20, 2011.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    TPU: The Addiction

Yup, I have to confess, there's something incredibly compelling about TechPowerUp. I can't leave it for even a minute. The addiction has got even "worse" since I started posting news - the buzz is awesome. :rockout: Nothing gets close, not hardware upgrades, fast driving, not scary rollercoasters, not alcohol, not drugs, not food, not winning a million, not sex (lemme think about this one) nothing tops it. Ever.

I've got my Sandy Bridge upgrade sitting tantalizingly, seductively, in her boxes for over a week, untouched. Why? Because there's news to write! A physical social life? Nah, not a patch; why do I wanna be around smelly real people when I can have virtual digital perfection instead? Sleep? I reluctuantly succumb to my biological requirements. Eventually.

Alas, Real Life majorly gets in the way: I have to go to work! :cry: It all takes such an incredible amount of time away from my True Mission of writing news and making forum posts on TPU. At work, they don't like to see you using the internet, everything is logged and managers walk by all the time. However, that doesn't stop me. Nope. I keep a small Firefox window open and visit TPU discretely. If I can, I even make a few posts. Yup, dangerous but worth it. :D

And why is it so good? The staff and the members, of course. An aura of awesomeness emanates from our master, W1zz, infusing the site and all of us with it. We have the best mods and staff on the planet and our members are the best on the internet (yes, I've met them all). I am humbled to be a part of this. :respect::respect:

Yeah, that's why you won't find better than TPU, online, offline, anywhere...

Official quantum entry

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    stinger608 says thanks.
  2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    For an Englishman thats noticeably void of any "eloquent english" :laugh:

de.das.dude says thanks.
  3. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    3 Days to go till some garrulous soul is gifted an item yet unbeknownst. :rockout:

Stinger 608 did a nice one

Crunching for Team TPU 2 Million points folded for TPU
  4. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe on the last day when I close the contest (not the thread), I'll post what the prize will be.
    It will take me a day or two to pick a winner as I will reread all of the entries in case someone changes something in an earlier entry.

5. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    this is my final answer

TPU, yes, TPU... TechPowerUp..

It all starts with a story...
    One upon a time.. there exists somewhere, a site. that is said to hold the biggest power of all techsite of all universe.. Here is someone (lets name it Melati), who is in a big and epic quest, of searching the information of the endless power and flowing knowledge in technology and superpoweressness in information of computer parts.

Melati, who is a boy, despite his name. is on an unending and goalless journey of finding THAT site. He searched everywhere, from Timbuktu to the Mount Everest. he spends many years. But, he have yet to find it. Then, while walking along the the google pages, with a keyword of "tech knowledge", He suddenly found a tiny road, underlined and in blue color. which called techpowerup.com,, At first, he had doubt, of what waiting for him in the other side of that tiny road. With a bit of courage and lots of sweat, He enters the road, he kept walking and walking, not because its a long, heavy, and twisted road, its just because of his unability to walk faster than 56k. after a long and painful walk....

He found a big house, with lots of room, a cheerful and welcoming atmosphere. He anxiously and slowly walk, to the big front door, that places tons and tons of informations, of the latest, sickest, most informative information of all places on earth. on that front door, theres a big sentence, that says "Welcome, come on in". After seeing that message, Melati now with sparkly eyes and smiling face, goes inside, where He found many rooms, filled with many people, chatting, talking and teaching each other. Melati then goes to the front of one of the rooms door. He can listen to the things that the people inside are talking about. But, he can't come in to discuss. as the door is locked and he have no key to open it.

Melati then walks to the other side when theres rooms without doors, where theres volunteers, showing and teaching lessons.

Melati then enters the Registration room, where he is given a key to all rooms inside that house.

inside that house, Called TechPowerUp House. Melati, finds everything he need for his knowledge, He finds out that, inside that house, the information is just endless, it keeps flowing,

Melati meets with many" people, some are great people, some are greater, and then some are even greater people.

TechPowerUp house, have the best staff, the best teachers, the best lecturers, the best showcases, the best gallery, the best library, the best of the best in everything the universe have.

so thats why, now Melati is knowledgeable, of technologies, and latest news, and that is because of a big house called TechPowerUp.

Melati then want to give his best regards to W1zz for his lecture about vision, cadaveca on his lecture about body and mind, crmaris lectures about powers, and all the lecturers that teaches me, and guide Melati on choosing the right path.

for Melati and also for me, TPU is the BEST. nothing compares.

6. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    No don't. I don't want to know what it is unless I win; otherwise I'll be jealous :laugh:

7. THRiLL KiLL

THRiLL KiLL

Thanks Received:
    bump!

8. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Tomorrow's the last day, kids. Just another bump so no one misses out on their chance to win.
    If you haven't entered give it a shot.

stinger608 says thanks.
  9. enaher

enaher New Member

Thanks Received:
    My entry:

TPU Rocks :rockout: BITCHES:nutkick:, Respect:toast:

qubit says thanks.
  10. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    I'm not gonna drop any flowery language in order to win Kreij's heart. Just a quick story.

I stumbled upon TPU in 2007 while making an attempt to get out of the Beige box world and build my own rig. A TPU thread was the first one that popped up that answered my question. I joined up soon after and blame TPU fully for my love affair with tech and computers. Since that initial visit, I've made great friends, some of which have done stuff for me cooler than I ever thought possible for someone who's just a screen name/IM chatter/TeamSpeak voice out in Kansas somewhere. There's at least a dozen TPUers on my "must have a beer with that person before I die" list.

The layout is clean, the people are generally awesome, and I learn something new damn near every time I visit. Whether that learning is useful or not depends on the day. :roll: That's why I hang out here.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    theJesus says thanks.
  11. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Yay, I get to be one of the kids!

@doninkansas: What part of kansas are you in? I'm about 30 mins from Hutchinson

12. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Bump and better get your entries in!!!!!!!!!!

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  13. qubit

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: :roll: Nice. :D

14. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Just a quick note Kreij - if the prize is a graphics card, please omit me from the contest; I'm all good for one so it'd be better going to someone who needs it.

Good luck everyone!

15. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    You're a good egg, Scam, but you're still in.
    I said the prize would be most appreciated by gamers but never said what it was going to be.
    Maybe it's a autographed copy of the original Minesweeper? !? !??? :eek: :roll:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    theJesus and scaminatrix say thanks.
  16. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    They just don't make games like they used to :rolleyes:

17. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Which reminds me, Skyward Sword has a minigame in it that is basically Minesweeper but a lot harder because it doesn't tell you how many bad spots are there, exactly how many bad spots border the current spot, nor does it leave it there so you have to remember what each spot was when you originally dug it up. The rupees that pop up are: 0 (green), 1-2 (blue), 3-4 (red), 5-6 (silver), 7 or 8 (gold)

It is quite a bit of fun and I made a lot of rupees playing it on Beginner. :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. JustaTinkerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guess this is my final entry.

Wish I had more time just found this thread.
    (even ended up posting it the wrong bit as I have so meny tabs open).

Techpowerup, what can I say bout such a place.
    I appeared here after a long and laborious search for the best forum for the needs of a computer enthusiast.
    I had been reading the informative, insightful and engaging reviews of the great man W1zzard for some considerable time and found myself drawn like a moth to a flame to the multi faceted forum the bares the moniker TPU.

My time here, though short, has had me coming back time and time again, I have learned so much I might never have known, I can now tell why erocker has an arrow in his knee, why Mussels is held in such high distinction and why qubit stretches the truth for a graphic card give away ( :) ).
    I feel here a spirit of brotherhood and a thirst for benchmarks like I have felt no other place.
    For some this is a place for answers, others a place to help, for me its a place away from the missus.
    I have found game deals, good deals and awful humor here, I have found answers, information and fun here.
    Even when busy I find time for here, congratulation's to all here.

qubit says thanks.
  19. qubit

Thanks Received:
    No, never! :laugh:

JustaTinkerer says thanks.
  20. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    I thought I would be able to do this during the afternoon. Stuff got in the way. Well, here goes nothing...

* Official entry *

Uninspired as I may be right now, it doesn't take a lot of fancy wording to describe this place. Mostly because, those that register, get the picture very quickly.
    The techPowerUp! Forums feel like a second home to me. A very pleasant one, might I add. What I like most about this place is one of the characteristics I have not found on other forums or communities (at least, often): Tolerance.
    It's not like in other sites, where as soon as you say something a little outrageous, or disagree with someone (that has a higher rank) you'll end up in a very intimate blind-date with a banhammer. ;)
    I think the team is great and that they really show an enormous dedication to their work, which I value a lot. Brown nosing aside, I can't really say anything bad about those in charge here. And no, I'm not afraid of hammers. I just can't. I've been here for over a year (not a lot, I know) and it has been enough time for me to get to know who is who around here. And to find a place for me. Sure, I know I don't contribute a lot, but fellow users still value my opinions and take them to consideration. I've been in places where post count was the currency for knowledge and it was hell. :mad:
    Generosity is another thing I've found here. Something I was not used to see in forums. Or pretty much on the internet.
    I must say, the only downside to all this was my addiction, at first. :ohwell: But this was due to being something new, something different, something good. I wanted to contribute, as a new member, because I felt I had knowledge and ideas that could help other members. And I did. After a while, moderation kicked in and I became able controlled myself not to read trough all of btarunr's daily news and W1zzard's/Darksaber's reviews first thing in the morning. Then again at lunch. Once more at the afternoon. And one last time before hitting the sack.
    I can't play favorites with the mods, because that would be like picking a girl in the Playboy mansion to "play" with (No idea if the cleaning lady is hot too :eek:). Impossible, because you want them all :p.
    That's why I like it here. :respect:

/entry

I hope I'm not late. *fingers crossed* (Different time zones and all that...)

21. JustaTinkerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Shameless bump, I have enjoyed reading the posts and would like more....
    Don't get me wrong, I wanna win but winning vs personal enjoyment, well I still win, get your entry's in folks, for some it could be to late already.

22. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    This contest is now closed to new entries.
    Thanks to everyone for participating ... jugding won't be easy, you guys are great. :)

23. qubit

Thanks Received:
    TPU is awesome. End of story. :rockout:

Fun post, not an attempted entry. :)

_JP_, JustaTinkerer and Darkleoco say thanks.
  24. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Well, now that thats over, I can sit back and twiddle my thumbs hoping that I may win...something.

25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    * Official entry *

Why is TPU awesome? Where else can a misfit like me end up doing news reports as staff. Understanding and compassion is something TPU is famous for. I'm a prime example.

As for brown nosing a mod......I can't. Its against my genetic make up. I think it would kill me.