1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

older system

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by noobtastic, Nov 20, 2006.

1. noobtastic New Member

Thanks Received:
    specs:
    3.4 prescott @ 3.9
    2 gb cheap value ram pc3200
    x800gto unlocked to 16pipes
    asus p4c800-e dlx no mods
    cooling: 9500, little coolermaster hsf on the northbridge, vf700, cheap ram sinks on the memory, 3- 80mm fans going in 2-80mm out
    old macron psu 400watt

[​IMG]

now my questions are does everything look ok? Such as vcore, from what I've googled 1.4 is supposed to be the limit for stock voltage. Since this board has been known to have a vdroopage problem... is it possible the actual voltage is overvolting the cpu (noticed my 12v rail is a little high)? I personally dont trust software monitoring to be very exact.. Do you think I will hit 4+ ghz without frying anything? or should I just keep going until I hear a fizzle pop sound and the smell of burning plastic hehe. Mostly looking for people with experience with this board. Still running orthos as I type hoping to stay stable for atleast 9+ hours....
  2. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've gotten my 3.0GHz, Prescott to OC 700MHz, with a vCore of 1.3375v, and 1.6v for the NB chipset. 4.0GHz, should be within your reach.