1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

One game u realized that is GREAT before this gen ends

Discussion in 'Games' started by Edito, May 21, 2009.

1. Edito

Edito

Thanks Received:
    I've been earing a lot about fallout 3 since the game relase and the first time i played the game i felt like damn this game is sou boring and i skiped and in the second time it happaned again but today i give it i try and i realized how amazing this game is... and im happy to have a good game to play for the next 2 or 3 month...

do u guy felt the same thing as me even for once with other games???

lets share

(sorry for my english)

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I'm drawing a blank when it comes to comp games and for this gen, but last gen and console games it seems no one noticed how amazing and ground breaking Red Faction was.

BTW if your playing Fallout 3 again check out the FOOK mods, like 1220 more armors and a ton more weapons. I like the basic game, but I just didn't like the limited choices, makes it a bit more interesting.

3. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Many times how much you enjoy a game will depend upon your attitude at the moment. I love RPGs, but occasionally just get burnt out on them. Then it's time to either walk away from the computer and do something else, or switch to a different kind of game.
    I've had a few times where I was playing a certain type of game and when I got a new one, I thought meh, not so good. After taking a break from the computer I went back and found them to be excellent.
    Just my 2 cents :toast:

4. kyle2020 Guest

Ill have to try FO3, everyone raves about it, sounds decent! :toast:

Not from this gen by all means but I have an on - off love affair with Runescape. My account must be 3 years old, but what ill do is play it obsessively (like im doing now, going for my second 99) for a month, get burned out on it and then quit for 3 or so months. Rinse and repeat for a few years.

5. Edito

Edito

Thanks Received:
    this is the first non Japanese RPG i liked... ill try the mods and expansions when finish the original game...

6. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    i'm the same way, i used to play runescape all the time, but then got bored with it. The most fun in the game i believe when a F2P member is the beginning when your deciding what to make your character and leveling up and whatnot. I got to level 61 and got bored seeing my guy swing his scimmy over and over again lol.

-OP
    yep, i've done that a bunch. When i first installed FC2 i wasn't into it at all, but then i played it again like 2 weeks later and got into it some. And of course there's always games that i go back to after a year or 2 from them, like KotOR 1+2. Great games, best star wars ones yet imo. Best things about games that you quit, is once you get back into there's usually mods that the community has come out with like adding removed or unfinished content or just altering the game some content is great and spices the game up again. Never played FO3 as i saw my friend play it and was kinda dissapointed with the graphics, and one thing that just made me crack up was how enemies have this rigid stiff position at all times. And my friend also told me that once you kill something, it's gone so once you kill everything it's a lonely world, course i'm sure there's a mod out that changes that.

7. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Maplestory did that to me o_O but it takes like 1-2 years to get bored but then you don't come back for couple months, then you play again,,, then you found a better game or something (ex: for me COD 4 and GTA IV and NHL 09 made me stop maple for about a month each) though now I switch between maplestory and NHL 09 in the same day :)

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be doing this if I COULD play good games... I can play 2005 games at lowest-medium settings... man am I behind o_O

8. robplumm

Thanks Received:
    Fallout3 starts out a little slow in the vault...once you slug through that, though, it picks up nicely.

I'll have to look into the FOOK mods...

9. denice25 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ..me too!

10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    It is IF you adventure and not just go for the main quest...

To the OP, blow some shi up that give you some eye candy :).. And yes i felt the same kinda way about COH although it was a demo it stoped me buying it till a year later than played the whole thing though twice and love every minute of it... Just that the 2 people i used to play it online with got bored and left me wanting to play it still so i ended up playing the SP all again lol.

Got back into GTA 4 once again with friends even got more interest in the SP of it more too this time.

11. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    FO2 is way better imo, but then again that's more of a proper RPG. I really liked the atmosphere in FO3, and the landscapes and the entire survival thing. But it was a shame it was a lot more fun to explore than to do the actual quests. If felt a bit shallow that way.

But what I really wanted when I played was a waaayyy bigger world, more things about survival (for some reason I almost looked for good spots to set up camp) and above all: Co-op.

12. PlanetCyborg

PlanetCyborg New Member

Thanks Received:
    cant wait for new dlc´s!!!!!it is so awesome game:D

13. JanJan

Thanks Received:
    i never enjoy playing first person shooter but now i want to try it out with something people found good.
    Can i play this game with a controller connected to my pc? or is it better to play with a keyboard?

14. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    Team Fortress 2

You cant deny this.

/thread

CDdude55 says thanks.
  15. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    In Fallout 3? You can play in third person as well. It's the over the shoulder perspective though :)(). And as you can buy it for the Xbox 360 and PS3 as well I assume it will be alright.

[​IMG]

16. PlanetCyborg

PlanetCyborg New Member

Thanks Received:
    of course you dont enjoy them if you play with a controller!!! You dont play fps´s with a controller(never ever)!!!

17. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Counter strike was so fun on the Xbox :) though I went from a good player on PC to a mediocre one at xbox, I became great at Xbox and a bit better then before at PC o_O

18. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    STALKER, although it's kind of lame without the Oblivion Lost mod. The guns just suck so terribly bad. However you can get through the game with an AK-74SU if you wanted to in Oblivion Lost.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  19. olithereal

olithereal New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Witcher, I didn't like it the first time I played, I only did the tutorial than moved on...must have been in a bad mood because now it's one of my favorite RPG :D

20. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I prefer playing with a controller in solo content. With a keyboard it is just harder to play at a distances thats easier on the eyes. So solo content use a controller and sit back on the couch, online play though, keyboard and mouse is the only way since thats what everyone else is using. But I have no problem playing BF BC on the PS3 online, as long as everyone has the handicap I'm fine with it.

Not to mention, the controller is just a much more natural and comfortable feeling in my hands.

21. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
  22. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    don't ever EVER diss freecell dan. EVER.

23. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
  24. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    There have been a few games in the past couple of years which have really been great games.

The first was Supreme commander, i loved it at launch and have been playing it a lot ever since, the scale of the whole thing is soooo much better than CnC in my opinion and re-defined what i expect from a RTS game.

Next was COD 4, really well told storyline for an FPS and really set a benchmark in current gen fps's storyline wise.

Crysis next, not for storyline or gameplay, which although decent didn't really redefine anything, but for the graphics (although unoptimised) are still the best out there by far.

Non-combat wise portal showed me i could still have a lot of fun with non-combat orientated games and was a lot of fun to play.

The final game was L4D which restored my faith in game developers to be able to make decent multiplayer games - before L4D was released i was losing faith in multiplayer fps games, there were no decent co-op titles for pc that i'd played for soo long.

I've just bought age of conan and i'm really enjoying it, although it released with a LOT of bugs i'm pleasently surprised with how solid it is feeling and i'm hoping it will by my new MMO as i'm fed up with WOW and Star Wars Galaxies is empty to play on now...

Looking forward i'm hoping red faction 3 returns to the roots of red faction 1 and helps bring some nice physics/destruction based gameplay to fps games - crysis has decent demolishion but due to level design doesn't allow problem solving by blowing sh*t up, i hope red faction does :D

I'm on the lookout for a new JRPG to play as FFX was the last one i enjoyed, i may try the next FF title but i was burned badly with FFX2 and am a little worried square enix have lost their way.

Sorry for the long post, i play a LOT of games and thus had a lot to say on this topic :)

25. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Total hours playing: 559.09
    Game in progress: No

8 x 4
    current streak: 4
    best streak: 34
    plays: 15994
    wins: 12814
    win percent: 80.12%
    average time: 2:05 minutes