1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Online Data Storage

Discussion in 'Storage' started by OrbitzXT, Sep 2, 2010.

1. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm currently looking for an online data storage service, something similar to Carbonite I suppose. I had a few questions to keep costs down. First off, this is for work where there are about 10 computers or so networked together using Windows XP. There is no server, they're just all networked together. Carbonite costs about $55 per computer. If all of this data is network together into one "Y:" drive on the network, will I have to pay $55 or still pay for every computer on the network?

Also if you know any, what might be some good alternatives to backing up an offices data? They prefer it to be an online service, in the event of a fire or something like that. The total amount of data is only about 130GB. Not a huge amount, but still.

2. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    I just use fileserve and you can make your files private, and I guess you are using the account on the same IP so you can use it with as many computers as you want

3. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, all of the computers in this office are networked together through a router. So on these sites offering file storage/backup, they say for $x.xx add additional computers. Do I need to do that when they're all networked together on a "Y:" drive in Network Connections?

4. Madmanden New Member

Thanks Received:
    I researched a whole bunch of sites for online backup. I wanted PC + Mac client (and Linux if possible), 3+ computers and 100+ gb space. And hopefully under $10/month. The site that best suited my needs was CrashPlan, perhaps it'll be right for you too.