1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Opera browser questions?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Frag Maniac, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I decided to try Opera again after spending quite a bit of time using Iron. The version is 12.10. There's a lot of settings for it but there's a few things I need to know.

1. Zoom size

For the most part 130% zoom works for me, but it varies on some sites. The static options in the settings jump from 120% to 150%, and the fit to width function doesn't seem to even work. Is there any way to get it to remember exact webpage zoom size for each site like most browsers do?

2. Shortcuts

In Iron and other browsers my custom Taskbar Toolbar shortcuts always open by themselves. With Opera when I click on a Taskbar Toolbar shortcut it wants to Open my homepage and load the shortcut page in a tab next to it. Is there a way to get them to just load their own shortcut page?

3. Opera Turbo

When I tried turning it on even the Opera Portal home page would not load and I got a script error at the bottom of the page saying something about your browser not having a set script size or something. Anyone know about this?

2. prince New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanx u so must Frag Maniac I realy want this

3. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    why would someone need different sizes for different web pages? i just use them all at 100%
    :confused:

4. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I always thought every browser had this function but it was never used, not even by partially blind people, because they are mostly unaware the function exists!

5. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    what about windows font magnifier?

6. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    OK, some updates. I tried going to the custom config page via using "opera:config#UserPrefs" in the address bar and accessing the Scale setting, but 130% is still the best size it will let me use.

Opera Turbo seems to be a non issue because I've yet to find a site I surf that needs it, so I leave it off.

I still get my toolbar shortcuts opening both their own page and the homepage, seems to be no way around that as far as I can tell.

Lastly, Opera doesn't seem to even load certain forum or site pages very well as far as their proportions of boxes and such. I've gone back to using Iron for now.

I did a little checking on how browsers have fared in tests and many say Chrome with it's sandbox feature is one of the safest now and still one of the fastest.

7. irlandezul

irlandezul

Thanks Received:
    ON or OFF this option ?
    Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed