1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by optix, Apr 3, 2005.

1. optix New Member

Thanks Received:
    Currently have a GeCube 9600xt 256MB Sam 4.0n/s video card. I haven't o/c her yet but I am thinking about it now.

Looking through the site I see awhole lot of different bioses and I came across the bios for my particular video card. Here I am thinking Should I be flashing my bios on my card? Will it make any dramatic improves?

From the general concenus of things I have to run ATI TOOL to find out what stress the card can take and then do the flashing.

I was just wondering if I can get opinions on what I can do with the GeCube 9600xt card.
    And throwing it out ain't an option until I get my x800 within the next few months. :p

Cheers

2. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    There's no need of using other BIOS. Eventually you can dump your original BIOS, edit the frequences and preflash again, in case you don't want to use any software(like Ati TOOL).

3. optix New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok.

I would still need to use atitool to find out what frequences on the core/mem I can run safely right? Or should I just download the bios from the bios database here at techpowerup and that will flash to 500/250??

4. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Right
    Find max core/mem freq and edit your original BIOS with them. Then preflash.

5. optix New Member

Thanks Received:
    preflash?

Does that mean flash the bios???