Ok, my significant other has unexpectedly given me the go ahead to get something foolish and completely unnecessary - ie a QX9650. I found a place taking preorders, and as joke I told her about it and how much it would cost, just to get a reaction from her. Surprisingly, she didn't even flinch. She just said to wait until after Nov. 26 (when the Visa resets). Now, money is not a big issue for us, obviously, as we are fortunate to both have good paying jobs, mortgage will be gone next year etc., but aside from my initial system build, I don't spend more than a couple of hundred at a given time(rarely), so this is a big cost, actually and psychologically for me. Now the catch is, if I get this, I would not be able to upgrade any of my components, as I planned, until probably mid next year. My MB is known to have a weak NB, so I figure max FSB would be in the area of 410-420 (without vmods, which I am not going to do), so I probably will not be able to utilize the full potential of the chip, if I got it. Anyway, I figure I have three options: 1. Listen to the e-penis screaming "dont be an idiot, just get the damn thing" and forego my other upgrade plans for a while. 2. Forget about it and go with my original plan: Get the mere mortal Q9450 in Jan/Feb, then MOBO (P35/x38/x48 - depending on reviews with the Yorkfields), and then a DX10 card sometime in the summer. 3. Get the QX, use it for a few months, sell it (for a few $$$ loss) and continue with my upgrade plan as in #2. Any opinions, suggestions. Thanks.