1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Opinions of the Logitech G25 or G27 Racing Wheel

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I am in the market for a Racing wheel setup and I have been eyeing the G25 or G27 racing wheels from Logitech and wanted an opinion of the quality and such on these products. The reviews are glowing but I get mixed user reviews. I don't want to flush money down the crapper.

2. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
    I enjoy using my G27. The price/value is unbeaten. The other perk is that most games have a built in profile for it since it is so popular.

Be prepared, with any wheel) to spend time tweaking the settings to get it to where it feels right for you.

3. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Let's see I've had my G25 for many, many years. However, I don't get to use it much as it is a hassle and time consuming setting it up and I don't have much spare time anymore like when I first got it.

My particular wheel smells like something is burning after about 15-20min if I have the FF turned very high but it seems to still work OK (and also the plastic housing gets very hot too). Tbh at the price point I don't think it can be beat. If you have any spare money though I'd look at wheels from Fanatec. I tried one out at a friend's place and it feels so nice and smooth and the pedals and gearbox are great too. Also if you don't care for the H-pattern shifter and clutch, I'd suggest just buying the Driving Force GT as it feels almost the same as a G25 - just without clutch and H-pattern gearbox.

4. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I found a couple G27s on Ebay for sub 250 but am unsure. I also looked at the Fanatec site but those setups while sexy are still easily $250+ for wheel, shifter and pedals.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  5. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
    Yikes, no burning smell on my G27 tho I never turn FF up very high, just enough to feel the effects.

Where are you at? $240 at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NT9TK4/?tag=tec06d-20

6. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
  7. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
  8. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I really want a Logitech Racing Wheel!!!!!