1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Origin Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by fritoking, Oct 4, 2012.

1. fritoking

fritoking

Thanks Received:
    well i saw bf3 for 10 bux on gamestop downloads ..pulled the trigger and bought it..installed the game played for a few minutes..then quit. have not been able to play since...HAVE to update through origin,gets half way then fails...uninstalled..reinstalled...same crap...i am about to dl a copy and use my legit key on it i am so ticked off atm....anyone else having troubles?

2. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    With EA games? It's always problems. I stopped playing BF 3 for this kind of junk. It's a money trap.

3. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I was a huge BF fan and it didn't even bother me that I would have to use origin to play BF3 but it does bother me that origin is a POS service that fails to work properly all of the time.

I bought BF3 on release (prior actually) and I have not played in many months because of Origin. I also don't even want to try.

4. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    I play ME3 co-op on Origin, and it is sometimes an adventure of bugs.

Lately it's been a lot of players dropping in and out of games.

More often you can become partly disconnected with the game, or become stuck in the air above the map, or below.

And there's the position shifting, where you move 5 feet forwards or backwards every step you take.

Lot's of fun.

5. xxdozer322

xxdozer322

Thanks Received:
    ive NEVER had a problem with origin, everything has worked fine since day one, even the customer service was great, i had a problem with a paypal payment for AK , got on chat with a rep in about 10 minutes, got it cancelled, and bought directly through origin and was downloading all within 15 minutes.

6. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I had a little problem with Origin last night. I copied my Crysis 2 folder before re-installing so I didn't have to re-download it all. After copying it back, I opened the game but didn't even have the dx11 option. I tried the patch but said I needed 1.9 patch first, which is supposed to be auto-updated, but it didn't. Tried messing with it a few times, but nothing worked. Anyway, ended up re-downloading the game, and it worked fine, got the 1.9 and dx11 and high res now :) Nothing major and I attribute it to the copying/pasting part.

Crunching for Team TPU 10 Million points folded for TPU