1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Original Bios File of ATI Radeon 4650 Graphic Adapter in Dell Inspiron n5010 Laptop

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by arsalan11, Mar 3, 2013.

1. arsalan11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi i have Dell Inspiron n5010 I have Display Timeout detection or Display driver not responding and recovered successfully problem.i searched everywhere and did all of the solutions.like microsoft solutions"1-updating graphic card 2-changing TdrDelay in windows registry 3-low visual effects 4-changing winodws again 5-low level formatting hard drive and repartition 6-using registry fix and driver cleanup tools. i did all of them and nothing changed and the problem is still exist.
    i think my display driver has damaged rom and need to flash the bios. i searched a lot but i couldn't find my GPU specific rom file even in thechpowerup.com. please help me i need my laptop and i can't forget it please upload this version or if you think problem is another thing guide me.
    thanks

Attached Files:

• j.gif
      j.gif
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
  2. xvi

xvi

Thanks Received:
    I'd make sure the card isn't getting too hot. What are the temperatures reported in the sensors tab?

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    why does it show your 4650 as having only 80 shaders? 320 is the spec for that card

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. ron732

ron732

Thanks Received:
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  5. arsalan11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    it's about 67C

6. xvi

xvi

Thanks Received:
    If that's idle, that's not too good. Sounds like it'll need to be dusted out.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. arsalan11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    what should i do exactly?

8. arsalan11 New Member

Thanks Received:
  9. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    you need to access the cooling fan, it'l probably be clogged up with dust, especially if this has never been done before. Ive never owned or used your laptop before but there will either be a cover on the bottom that you unscrew to grant access to the fan or you may have to take it apart a little more thoroughly the access the fan.

If you do have to take it apart to access the fan doing so is not going to be easy, especially if you've never done it before.

Further google search brought this up, looks like you do have to take it apart to access the fan :(

http://blog.parts-people.com/2012/0...n5010-heat-sink-fan-removal-and-installation/

EDIT: by the way try not to double post, if you need to add anything use the edit button :)
    Just seen how much you have to take apart, first try blowing out any dust with a can of compressed air before taking it apart, if you can.

arsalan11 says thanks.
  10. arsalan11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    is this ok?

Attached Files:

• h.gif
      h.gif
      File size:
      12.2 KB
      Views:
  11. arsalan11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i don't know why it's changing too much.this is new snapshot can you see the differences(clock rate and temp)?
    i don't think overheating and dust is the reason because as i enable my ATI card it starts crashing immediately and it's too fast.
    anyway thanks for your help can you help me with finding my GPU bios file?

Attached Files:

• h2.gif
      h2.gif
      File size:
      13.9 KB
      Views:
  12. arsalan11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    BIOS reading not supported on this device

today i found out that one of my friends has exactly my laptop model i wanted to grab his BIOS file with GPU-Z v6.7 but i faced this error: BIOS reading not supported on this device.
    any help?:respect:

13. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    If its not overheating them im afraid i can't help you much more. Im good with a screwdriver but other then that not much use, ive never flashed a bios on anything nor had issue's like this. What i have read about flashing bios's though is that it seems to cause more problems then it solves and if it goes wrong you can brick what ever device your trying to flash.

Sorry again i can't offer much more help.

EDIT: and with the changing clock speeds I know on my desktop when just viewing 2d graphics it lowers its clock speeds to save on power and lower temps. When launching 3d apps like games then it goes up to the full clock speeds. Maybe yours is doing the same? The reason the temps will be lower is because of the lower clock speeds.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    arsalan11 says thanks.