• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Outliner style note software, any personal recommendations?

Vertrucio

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz
Motherboard ASUS M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Air
Memory 8GB DDR2 (forgot the Hz)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB (1000mhz/1250mhz)
Storage 120GB Corsair SSD, 1TB Seagate HD
Display(s) 2x Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" LCD (1920x1200)
Case Corsair C70
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi Xtrememusic
Power Supply Antex Basiq 550W
Software Windows 7 64bit
I'm in the market for some software that will allow me to create a outline style document, where basically you have a bunch of smaller documents, or notes, arranged along a tree much like a directory system, or outline.

The oldest I've seen that's still supported is the Treepad software, but it's getting a bit clunky and I don't like the way it supports tables. It has a lot of features, but most I just won't use.

I stumbled upon an alternative by the name of AllMyNotes Organizer, which is prettier, handles tables better and is WYSIWYG rich text. It looks like it's still supported, but I'm not sure how many use it.

Anyone else use this kind of software? I'm involved in a lot of various projects, and I also run some role playing game groups, so this kind of organization really helps sort things out when I need to find the right bits of information. I usually copy or type in a lot of into so I can easily review it later without having to consult manuals, or reference books.

There's a lot of these programs around, and I'd rather have one that's usable, not too bloated with features, and will be supported for a while. Unfortunately doing a basic search doesn't bring up too much useful info since all I get are download sites with ads and tiny little description blurbs.

I was hoping for more personal recommendations from people who use them.

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10