1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Over to the dark side Nvidia 7800gs

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by strick94u, Jul 5, 2006.

1. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    well I got tired of the all in wonderpro only give decent frame rates and dumped it it did not do tv good it did not record worth a flip hell half the software it came with was fualty so I went and got a 7800gs the visuals are fantastic frame rates are up game play is steady can do everything the aiw did exsept tv and it was only 60 dollars more. :laugh:
    I will be divorced soon but thats a small price to pay

2. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    so why does ati tool show 3 cores ??

3. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    I was once an ATI user, & using an ATI 9800 XT (for sale cheap & negotiable (o.b.o. etc.) in the "sell/trade" section here), and imo, it was decent enough...

So, what changed ME from using ATI, & going back to NVidia??

John Carmack of IDSoftware while programming Doom III - he is, imo, one of the sharpest & creative programmers out there on this planet today & possibly for a decade or so!

He is in the same "league" imo, w/ Microsoft's (formerly of Borland) Anders Heijelsberg (not only coding, but in terms of design skills & vision-ahead-of-time (lack of a better way to put the 2nd compliment)).

He stated he "liked what NVidia does w/ their drivers" & that to me, along with Doom III & Quake 4 typically/traditionally doing BETTER on NVidia cards than on ATI cards did it!

(I am a big IDSoftware fan here is why - they have OFTEN set trends in the gaming industry, which speaks for itself).

Ah, man... sorry to hear that. Ordinarily, I won't reply to this type of stuff, too touchy... but I am going to on this one.

:(

* The reason I won't get 'hitched' (could have 2-3 times now) is because of seeing this constantly from married folks... I just don't know, & do not trust the "institution" of marriage anymore!

(People can get outta commitments of that magnitude TOO easily today, & imo, and I am a fairly religious guy? If I swear to God I would stay w/ 1 woman the rest of my days (not easy to do as I am sure any guy will understand - heck, it takes 1 rooster for a henhouse, you know?), I am going to stick by it)

Besides - marriage, imo, is work & compromise... giving up what YOU wanna do, vs. what your "significant other" wants to do.

See, I get that opinion from those who ARE married... & today?

Well - Folks can just "walk out" of a marriage...

Hey - "When the going gets tough? The tough DO get going"... to divorce court.

Now, I am NOT knocking you directly man, as you may have had reasons (or your wife did, doesn't matter), because I have seen times when it was needed (in my parents & my sister's marriage, & my brother's as well & FAR TOO MANY FRIENDS (or, on the way to it now even, or close to it... basically living in a hell of their own making)).

And, marriage?

Heck - it was designed in a time when folks got hitched @ 12, died @ 25... not enough time for changes, REAL interest & personality changes imo (radical personal/individual ones) to truly occur...

Before I look into doing something myself? I ask around, & look HARD @ the results from many cases... I just do NOT like what I see.

APK

P.S.=> I said the "1 rooster to a henhouse" thing above about guys, because it only takes 1 guy to get 100's of women (maybe more) into pregnancy... this IS our nature & by design!

BUT, another "trend/change" I have seen now for oh, 15-18 years or so - today's women?

Man... They're as promiscuous as guys are & that today? Is just DUMB!

(Heck, they're worse, because women don't have to expend 1/10th the effort guys do in getting a "date" (to put this mildly) & there is NO EXCUSE for it in terms of "nature" as there is w/ guys!)

Especially with the "STD's" factor in the equation now too! I don't trust 'em @ all... apk

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  4. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    HEH was just kidding on the divorce this is #4 anyway
    back b4 maxium pc was it was called Boot they were free'er back then you know not owned by their advertisers. they made a comment About Quake and it was that Carmack should use the code from Quake and make an operating system from it and they were right,sigh the good old days

5. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    ...Since when do you use :(? :laugh:.

6. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    When I hit an occasional topic where I think somebody's feeling bad... that's one that knocks most folks for a loop (financially, emotionally, & more), as well as their kids & relatives etc.- et all.

APK

P.S.=> I thought he was serious too, but, he was not... apk

7. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    The strick9 is never seriuse:roll:

8. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Am glad about that because I would be Really worried if you actually did worship Bill Gates!

9. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bill Gates is A God

10. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, it's what is he a god of that worries me, let's not get into Microsoft, threads tend to be loud and long and end up pretty passionate, I just dont like spies, control freaks and exceptionally gifted people who seem to fear competition, and let's face it, it's competition that makes nice things affordable!

11. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    there is no competion to the over bloted OS XP but face it everyone builds to be XP compatable. and running games made for windows on linux suxs yet hardware builders love windows becuase they have to build bigger and badder hardware to run that 20 million+ lines of code (I picked that number out of my head) HEH. what Gates is god over is he is the master business man I personaly dont think he could code his way out of a soggy tissue but he is the man with the deal. Love him Hate him he has made personal computing affordable to the masses