1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

overclocking 9600 need help

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by -{gdwg}-Sidewinder, May 17, 2005.

1. -{gdwg}-Sidewinder New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I bought the Xtasy 9600 256mg Vid card and am running 3.0 intel system. I downloaded the soft mod to overclock and have ati tweek software.It will overclock but then reverts to original settings.Seems the soft mod didn't work. Says something about 64 bit download but I'm not tecked enough to know what that means and don't want to download and create a mess. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Also is there a fan that would work to put over the heat sink?

2. watzup_ken New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it resets, then there is a likelihood that the card is clock locked. No luck with ATI tool?

3. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Did you go the settings in Atitool and remove the lock? :D Its under settings/misc/remove radeon ...clock lock.

-Dan

4. -{gdwg}-Sidewinder New Member

Thanks Received:
    overclocking

Yea I did but dosen't seem to work even though it's checked to unlock.

5. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    You might need a bios flash then...not really sure, sorry.

-Dan

6. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:

I have a clock locked 9200 :eek: (stop laughing) running on another computer I own. The soft mod drivers did the trick for me. Sounds like you may have the 64 bit driver version installed. not sure. :confused: Did you try uninstalling the drivers then reinstalling? If not try it, if so then try a different version (non 64 bit).
    I assume you got your driver from here?: http://www.techpowerup.com/softmod/downloads.php
    Try the FAQ too.

7. -{gdwg}-Sidewinder New Member

Thanks Received:
    done it all I think

Seems if I leave the ATI tweek program open in my bottom right hand side of screen ( tray mabey?) it will stay on the properties I have it set to overclock but If I close the program after setting-- it will go to default. I've reinstalled the drivers and don't think it's 64 bit. So I'll leave it open like I did and not much else I can do, think this driver is a wierd one for overclocking--oh yea I did go to ati and flash the bios to get the updated and put in the softmods.

8. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:
    Read the documentation

That makes sense. The program won’t run if it’s not on. Either click on minimize or select the minimize on close option.
    Read up on it here http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/doc/