1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overclocking an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by hotrod2, Feb 5, 2006.

1. hotrod2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I read the "A64 Overclocking Guide" and have a few questions before attempting the overclock.
    Under Advanced Chipset Settings:
    1) I read about (and understand) the LTD/HTT. In my MoBo bios would this be listed "K8 to NB frequency"? Setting are 1x thru 8x.
    2) If I adjust the K8 to NB, should I adust the "SB to NB frequency"? Setting are 1x thru 8x.
    Memory Configuration:
    3) The article also mentions the memory divider. I can't seem to find one. Under Memclock Mode there is an "auto/limit". When I set it on limit, I have the choices of 100, 133, 166, 183 200, 216, 233, 250. Is this my memory divider? And if it is left in auto, and I change the FSB/HTT setting will it keep the memory and FSB/HTT at a 1:1 ratio?
    I also read an article on Tomshardware about a 3.0 gig overclock by simply changing the multiplier to 15 and increasing the vcore to 1.46v. I know they were not using the same MoBo and ram that I have, but is this a good way to go? Or is it better to leave the multiplier alone (at 13) and tweak everything else?
    I am not a complete newbe, but close, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.If you are wondering why I would want to overclock my system,the answer is simply because I want to. I fully understand all the risks involved. Again, thanks in advance!