1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overclocking issues

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Psychoballistic, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Psychoballistic New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know that the Asus Motherboard i have (M2N SLI) (NOT M2N SLI DELUXE) will not allow me to adjust my CPU voltage over 1.325, and i cannot excede my current CPU(AMD Athlon X2 5000 BE) speed of 3.0 GHZ.
    I know this CPU is capable of higher output and i was wondering if anyone has the same setup that can get their CPU higher and usable under gaming stress. I have tried alot of messing with my BIOS but to no success i still cant seem to run it any higher then 3.0 GHZ without crashing at boot, or crashing once i start.
    I have tried my hardest, if anyone has this same setup, and are running at 3.2ghz, or even 3.1 your feedback would be much appreciated. Also i know i could just get a new MOBO ...but seeing as how i just got this one not knowing that the CPU couldnt be set over 1.325v i would really like another allternative
    Thank you,
    Adam
  2. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, thats a tough one. AMD chips are usually power hungry when over 3.0GHZ. Are you sure that you can't adjust it? I know my P5Q-Pro has a jumper that unlocks BIOS settings for higher volts.
    Psychoballistic says thanks.
  3. Psychoballistic New Member

Thanks Received:
    im pretty sure theres no jumper on there, almost everywhere ive checked says the 1.325 v setting is as high as it can get, even when the bios is updated at any version. But ive seen people claiming to have gotten to 3.2ghz with my same setup, although i havent been able to contact any of them or get any possitive ID as to it having been done.
  4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    PENCIL MOD FTW.

If you really want to use what you have, Im sure the power output can be modified, but this can and sometimes will damage things depending on your skill level.

I had an ASUS board with one hell of a Vdroop issue. Had to mod the voltage circuitry to get it to read even with the bios setting. This thought can be applied to OVERCORRECT the voltage that is being set in bios. So you could in fact get a bit more of the voltage you require, but it comes with homework, aquisition of a pancil, a digital multimeter, and some 90% or better alcohol. Then its just patience and trial and error.

Not really the way to go if you are really new to tech, welcome to TPU by the way, it would be much easier to get a motherboard that is capable of doing what you ask!
  5. Psychoballistic New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for the info, i might have to try to do this seeing as im strapped for cash, and id really like to be able to play my newer games on my PC, but i would like to see if there is any other possible way to get things done before i go possibly frying my MOBO.... like i did to my last one lol...
  6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I doubt you are going to be able to milk anything else out of the system without a voltage bump. Even if you could, you wouldn't notice a difference at all. Different chips take different volts, some more and some less. The guys that are getting 3.2, might just have good clocking chips that require less voltage.
  7. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    you can pin mod the cpu to run up to 1.5v
  8. Psychoballistic New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well the only people who's setups ive seen with this CPU at higher speeds are using diff MOBO's (M2N SLI Deluxe or other) and they have to put their CPU voltage at about 1.4 V... this annoys me because people who say the have a M2N SLI and my CPU never seem to be subscribed to the site that i see them on... and i cant seem to get any info out of them because i cant contact them, i still have hope even though ive been tearing through the internet all over trying to find setting that would allow me to increase my CPU to 3.2 Ghz. Im not giving up yet, but if it comes down to it im just going to have to buy a new MOBO... which i really wish wasnt the case
  9. Psychoballistic New Member

Thanks Received:

How would i go about doing this, can you direct me to a guide of some sort, im in college for Networking and Programing, but we have a hardware class that my teacher could probably help me with this
  10. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
  11. Psychoballistic New Member

Thanks Received:
  12. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    it better lol i had to type 3 words into google :rolleyes: