1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

overclocking with asus rampage extreme(X48 chipset)

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by kiddyoverclocker93, Oct 9, 2008.

1. kiddyoverclocker93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi all..today arrived my asus rampage xtreme...anyone have this mobo?i also have an intel q9650 and 4 gis(4x1gb)corshair ddr3 1600 mhz 7-7-7-20 1.8 ram...
    Any recommendations for overclock?

2. BigBruser13

BigBruser13 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought the board and had it 2 days and decided to use the water block on the NB because of high temps. Hey I had my CPU liquid cooled so I thought to give it a shot. Well the parts they give you to use with the water block , mostly the clamps, are terrible. It leaked onto my 4870 x2. luckily it survived but the drop that landed on my bios killed the board. And am now waiting on an RMA so don't use there clamps, there little mettle screw clamps that are not made for this purpose. All should be warned! no matter how tight you tighten them or how experienced you are with liquid cooling I advise to get other parts to liquid cool your north bridge.