1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

P5K premium

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by r9, Oct 16, 2008.

1. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I`m considering buying one. I liked the PRICE, overclocking, look. It has positive reviews.
    I trust yours opinion more than reviews.

2. kyle2020 Guest

I absolutely love mine. Beast of an overclocker (reached 550 FSB on Custom PC's tests), rock solid stability, looks good and its ASUS, you cant really go wrong ;)

3. xubidoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    v happy with mine ,great board ,tons of extra little bits that make u think ,wat a great idea.

4. Zanga

Thanks Received:
    I have it's little brother (or sister) the P5K-Pro, very good board, very stable but take care of the push-pins of the cooler / bending of the boad

Read more HERE

r9 says thanks.
  5. kyle2020 Guest

Advice from 2 people with black pearl edits - i say go for it! you WONT regret it! :toast:

6. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I`m not much of a ASUS fan :D. But I like getting most of my money. I`m buying it ::toast:

7. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the warning but my cooler comes with X clamp for support the MB so I think I be OK.

8. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I need no more opinions. I made my mind. Kyle is a great ASUS salesman :D

9. kyle2020 Guest

hehe I must say ASUS is one company i would love to work for, their line up is just excellent. for a £90 board thats as good as they are, you really cannot beat them!

Also, just before a mod bites your head off, use multi quote next time instead of 3 seperate quotes :toast:

10. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I was considering (before kyle comments :D) Gigabyte P35-DS3R more expensive and MSI P35 neo2-fr great price performance but I can`t find one in my country.

11. xubidoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    i was never an Asus fan tbh ,but this board has changed my opinion of Asus in a big way ,stable,oc easy as hell ,lets u save OC profiles in the bios ! ,something ive never seen before on my old preferred brand of Abit.
    Comes with lots of little extras,special connectors so u know your power button,hd leds are connected right ,mini fans for the heatpipes etc.

i think ull be happy with 1 of these.

:)

12. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    Well I use it and it's never put a foot wrong. However I suggest also considering these boards: Asus P5Q Deluxe, Biostar TPower145, and the Foxconn Mars. Whichever of these oards you choose (including the P5K) you will not be disappointed. The P5Q is the best but therefore the most expensive.