1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit Enthusiast Program

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Palit_Guy, May 11, 2008.

1. Palit_Guy

Palit_Guy Palit Representative

Thanks Received:
    Palit is really happy that I'm out posting in forums and such because everyone knows that people savvy enough to post in forums are the same people that are giving advice on which cards to buy.

So I thought it would be cool to do find a way to reward those folks. So here's my idea.

I can generate a coupon code good for $XX off a card at e-tailers. This code would be issued to people via PM , must be requested and would be associated with that person only. That person can then post that code when giving advice in forums or even just talking to people. Every time someone buys a card using that code, the person it belongs to gets one point and the person buying the card gets a discount.

Those points can be saved up and redeemed against Palit video cards at the rate of one point=one dollar.

So if you want a card that costs $250 you redeem 250 points and I send you your card. If you get 500 points you could get two cards. If you get 1,000 points you would get four.

I understand that no one needs four video cards (for now anyway) so the extra cards could be given away or traded to your friends or even sold on e-bay. I understand that some people think swag shouldn't be sold on e-bay but I don't really care. I'd rather you have something you need/want and if the video card you got doesn't fit that bill, sell it and get something you do want.

There is no limit on the number of people that can use the coupon code but it would have a limited lifespan, like only good for a week or just a weekend. You can always come back and get a new code for the next special and all those points would go into one pool. So if you get a code for the 8800GT 1GB one week and a 9600GT 512MB Sonic the next week, all the points you get from people buying both cards go into a single pool.

Points are good for one year and can be redeemed for any video card available at the time of redemption.

So I'm not looking for people that want to do this just yet, I'm just trying to get a feel for what people think about it.

2. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    now THAT is a good Idea:toast:

cheers to PALIT once again

I would definitely do it.

3. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it depends on how users try to 'abuse' this instead of enjoy the benefits from being honest about it. I'll generally only recommend a product I'm experienced with, and I know a lot of TPU users out there are pretty damn honest in this respect. But I'm sure Palit_guy can sort through the BS if he wants and find honest users actually helping others when they need a good suggestion and explanation of why they suggested what they had done.

I think it's a good idea, but we'll definately have to see how it all pans out. Thanks Palit_guy!

:toast:

4. wolf2009 Guest

i think its a good idea . Thx Palit.

i would definitely buy a palit card in future too, even without the points , if the price remains this competitive and those coolers u got on the current cards stay or get even better.

5. philbrown23

philbrown23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    dude this would be a great thing! I am on like 8 diff. forums and could tottaly get people to do this because everyone loves a discount.

6. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    I think its a great idea, although would have been better earlier when i convinced my friend to buy dual Palit 8800gt's.

7. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    I do think this is a good idea, because the Palit 8800GTS for example is much higher priced in the UK, and not only would it encourage help between users, but it would bring users with names on many different forums good returns for their help and advice; not to mention the hype Palit would receive.
    However, this is as usual where you point out it would only be valid in the US...
    which isn't a problem, I could get people to send me things... :rolleyes:

philbrown23 says thanks.
  8. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    Does Palit make any ATI cards? I don't remember

9. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    great idea Palit continues to impress me

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I need to start saving my points for a 4870! I hope Palit will have 4870's immediately available upon release. I want to be an "early adopter".:)

11. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My only concern is that this could be a "spamfest", since there are some people who will just post just to advertise and get points. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm sure most people could understand the concern, and to have tpu members as a source, could be bad.

12. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great idea palit_guy, although yeah like paulieg said there could be some problems, hopefully not though. I hope it will work out its nice to see you working out creative ways to help out us customers. Thanks. :toast:

13. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    It has been brought to my attention that it is possible for some people to abuse this idea by spamming forums both here at TPU and possibly others.

For the record, that's not what I want to happen and if I get complaints I'll find some way to deal with it.

I see above here a couple comments about only recommending products you like or have or whatever. I think that's great and don't mean to suggest that you do anything different. It is perfectly reasonable for us to have a special on a card you're not crazy about. So don't ask for a code for that part. Your points will still accumulate for a year and you can redeem them any time.

The best way to think of it is to just do what you would normally do. If you want to recommend a Palit card for someone AND you have the benefit of a coupon code to go with it, yay for you and we can work together to reward you for helping us out.

I've already started thinking about other things we can do as well. If we wanted to REALLY push the 9600GT for a weekend with a $10 instant rebate I'm kind of curious how things would go if we rearranged some of that money. Instead of having a $10 rebate on the card and one point for the code, we could do $6 for the coupon and 5 points.

It's the same money for us either way but flipping things puts the emphasis on the forum people to get the word out and give them more of a bonus than normal. In fact, we may launch this that way just to prove a point.

But it is a valid point that this stuff could get spammed out there and I really would like to avoid that. I think most of the people around here are pretty high caliber so that will help reduce that issue.

14. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm thinking that the enthusiast program should be limited to those members who have at LEAST a 250 post count.

15. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    I'm close to that!

I would agree with that even if I don't quite yet have enough.

Done.

16. DeadlyNinja New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds awesome, but I do have one question: Is it limited to just this forum when I post the code, or can I use it on any forum I want? Obviously, we want points, but simply posting here is asking for tons of competition with other Palit supporters. Plus, we don't want people spamming this or any forum. Being able to spread out could prevent spamming.

Palit makes both ATI and Nvidia cards! That's what makes this special.

17. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    if a user spams those codes it shouldnt be hard for forum staff to contact palit with the coupon id and they punish the evil spammer - codes are assigned to a single person and thus trackable

18. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    For sure, anywhere people post whether it's computer related or not.

Don't misunderstand me. There is certainly a sales issue here and I hope this does help drive sales. The cool part of it is that it rewards people for doing what they were going to do anyway and it acts as a mechanism for us to get the word out about our sales and special promotions.
    The hook is that at least now those of you that are helping actually get something for it.

19. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely. Getting the wording right is going to be a little tricky so we might run this through TeamPalit so we don't run into legal issue defining what spam is. I think the rule should just be not to violate the posting rules of any forum in which you post the code.

If you do, you lose the points you accrued for that promo.

I'm SURE no one would spam up TPU but this is a good policy for other places.

20. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    how about needing a certain amount of thanks instead, anyone can post something that means nothing but you have to actually help someone to get thanked:)

Palit_Guy says thanks.
  21. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    I think it's a great idea...but I get the feeling that you'll get people who'll "change allegiance" purely to get "free" stuff...

Palit_Guy says thanks.
  22. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    The obvious response would be that it's more common that people don't get thanksed when they help.

23. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Um, ya.

At the end of the day I truly believe that Palit has superior cards and that people are better off for owning one. If they got a $10 discount for using someone's code that just wants to sell their card on ebay for some quick cash, there will still be 250 more Palit owners than there were before and that's not a bad thing.

Of course the sales guy sitting on my other shoulder is jumping up and down yelling that sales are good.

24. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    I get that, I do.

However, there will be people who have no personal experience with Palit, so they'd be recommending a card they've never experienced for themselves. So the only reason they'd be "recommending" the card is because they're getting free stuff at the end.

I've never personally owned one, but I know a number of people who have, and they all give Palit great marks, and I have to say from what I've seen they are really good, and I'd gladly recommend a Palit card to anyone, and with the discount I could even be helping someone to get a better system (which is always a plus).

25. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Well there you go!