1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit GTX 670 Jetstream 2GB: Why so cheap?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Huddo93, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

Been looking to upgrade from my current GTX275 for a while now, and now that I got my tax refund in, I'm finally going to upgrade to something like a GTX670.

I've been looking around online stores in Australia and the pre overclocked Palit GTX670 Jetstream seems to perform fairly well, but its almost $100 cheaper than most other non reference cooler/pcb GTX670's.

Is there something about this card that I'm unaware of? Or is it just the fact that Palit is a cheaper brand than the rest? or is there a new Palit GTX670 coming to replace it? Just confused as to why it is so cheaper than the rest, sort of makes me sceptical.

I understand the GTX660Ti is coming out soon also, price to performance wise, how well does it perform next to the GTX670?

Thanks for any help,
    Huddo93

2. raghu78

Thanks Received:
    The ref GTX 670 is just a very cheap design with a small PCB , less VRMs and the overall quality of the components is not good.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5818/nvidia-geforce-gtx-670-review-feat-evga/2

"Of course with such small VRM circuitry the reference GTX 670 isn’t built for heavy overclocking"

If you want to get a GTX 670 get one which uses a GTX 680 PCB like Gigabyte GTX 670 or EVGA GTX 670 FTW. You get a card which is built extremely well with sufficient high quality VRMs which provide good stability while overclocking. When overclocking a high quality custom GTX 670 design will provide better performance because of quality power circuitry.

IMO just stay away from the ref GTX 670. its crap.

Huddo93 says thanks.
  3. silapakorn

silapakorn

Thanks Received:
    Huddo93 says thanks.
  4. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    Huddo93 says thanks.
  5. Fluffmeister

Fluffmeister

Thanks Received:
    It's a real nice card, especially for the price. 680 performance and a solid custom cooler.

One thing I like about the both this and the reference Palit card is all the memory chips are on the same side of the PCB.

Huddo93 says thanks.
  6. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Seems like a good card, Cheap Design, slightly less noisy than stock, Decent OCing (from TPU table) very nice for the price.

just check how long the warranty is on the item

Huddo93 says thanks.
  7. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    When my next pay packet comes in next week I'm going to buy one. Hopefully there will still be some in stock. Thanks for all the help!