1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit GTX 780 Super JetStream 3072 MB

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, Sep 10, 2013.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  2. Ghost

Ghost

Thanks Received:
    Nicely built card. You forgot to add this:

[​IMG]Great performance/watt

Fluffmeister says thanks.
  3. Assimilator

Assimilator

Thanks Received:
    Considering this card is the 3rd-highest clocking GTX 780 ever reviewed by TPU, and its price, I would have considered giving it a "Great Value" award.

Page 25, "Fan Noise": 5th paragraph begins "Idle noise levels of the GTX 780 Lightning...", copypasta issue?

4. Kingpin New Member

Thanks Received:
    This looks very good card, maybe i can take one of them :)

5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Nice review but the pricing on the 7990 is crazy ? as newegg have them from $620

6. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ah yes, i'll fix that for the next round of reviews. even at $620 I wouldn't buy the HD 7990.

I have considered it. While it's great value vs. other GTX 780s, I still find it's a lot of money.

Bjorn_Of_Iceland and Fluffmeister say thanks.
  7. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I'll bet you're thinking of that awful coil whine? That's a dealbreaker for me, too.

I recently bought two MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr IIs with 3GB onboard memory at a bargain price and am running them in SLI. These deliver great performance without too much noise on twin slot coolers when driven hard and zero coil whine. At idle, I can't even hear them. This is the kind of performance one can expect nowadays and you can get this and even more with nvidia's latest GPUs matched up to a cooler like this.

8. el etro

el etro

Thanks Received:
    Wizzard, you should use Cat 13.10b on 7990 to achieve her frame-pacing feature and deliver more consistent FPS results(on average maybe will be only a little better, but results can become better on many games).

The TPU test is the most fair(and the most objective) on web, but i think results is favoring a little the Nvidia cards due to the selection of games(and AMD's driver team lack of competition spirit). You could exclude from the test the less demanding games(Like diablo 3 and the CoJ)(That are a couple of games that the $400 GPUs are maxing out in Surround Settings!) to make the test more equilibrated.

Total War: Rome 2 can substitute Starcraft HoS;
    Battlefield 4 could substitute CoJ;
    Splinter Cell Blacklist and the Batman Arkham Origins can enter in the test;
    Arma III can substitute CoD(but i understand CoD importance in the test);
    Guild Wars 2 can subtitute World of Warcarft;
    Saints Row 4 can substitute Sleeping Dogs now and Hitman can be substituted by the New Xcom;
    Need For Speed Most Wanted is more(by the rate of 1,65x/1) demanding(and more fair) than Grid(That uses AGE coded Lighting effects);
    Metro 2033 can go back to the test as it still can be hard to max out on most of high end systems like Crysis 1 still does today.
    Diablo 3 can be subtituted with Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition that still is hard to max out nowdays(Disable supersampling to not favor AMD cards on the test!)

And are you planning to show 99% FPS of the cards in the test someday? (Well, this is the only of the new meters i like...)

9. Vego

Vego

Thanks Received:
    just got 780 gainward GLH witch is twin sister and Im getting the EK block for it, will check OC with better cooling

10. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Hey look its my Card :D

11. Ghost

Ghost

Thanks Received:
    Your specs say JetStream. This is SUPER JetStream p:

12. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Close enough! LOL :D