1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit RMA problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by r9, Jul 23, 2010.

1. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    Palit refuses the warranty saying:

They are refusing saying that the sticker is damaged on the backside.
    [​IMG]

Does this look right to you ? Knowing that I have newer touched a screw on her. The thing is that the sticker doesn`t not sit on the screw it self. There is hole and space. The sticker can be easily damaged because there is nothing underneath to support it and with little pressure can be damaged.

Attached Files:

2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I see where you are coming from and I have received cards where the sticker is not sat "true", having said that, in my experience some card manufacturers are quite keen on this point and looking at the sticker does leave you with the opinion that is has been tampered with or moved, even if it hasent.

Can I ask what are the problems with the card leading to your RMA?

3. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    Artifacting.

4. cowie

Thanks Received:
    palit warrenty sucks you cant do a thing to the card and rma 1yr only.
    the worst warrenty i'v ever seen
    in your case if true,i'd call them and tell them that it was never tampered with it only normal handling that got the sticker messed up,if they refuse to rma tell them you will take legal actions against them??? lol :p + you wont buy or recomend there products anymore

5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well you sure some one did not have that card before you as that screw that sticker should be over looks like some one used a wrong sized screw driver lol..

Any chance you had it of newegg ?.. If me i would not car how long it was i'd still try to get them sort that crap out..

It is a nice reminder though to always check for these things. If i buy a card and it has any such sticker it will be returned.. Even more so if the pics on newegg do not show such a thing on the card.

Did you try underclocking it see if the artifacts go away or ever use compressed air to get rid of the dust build up.

r9 says thanks.
  6. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    shoot at this point I'd remove the cooler and reseat it. Might as well if they're sayign the sticker has been disturbed.

7. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ^^ +1

r9 says thanks.