1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit Vid cards

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by nora.e, Apr 26, 2008.

1. nora.e New Member

Thanks Received:
    I haven't seen much for info on products made by Palit. Has any one bought any of thier vid cards? If so how do they rate with other manufactuers of nVidia based cards?

saadzaman126 says thanks.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you look, there are two very full threads devoted to Palit.

3. Gam'ster

Gam'ster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Palit are a good brand i have one of their cards, they own gainward and one or two other brand names but for the life of me i cant remember them, but a lot of the tpu community have palit cards and swear by them as do i, usually non-reference pcb and good aftermarket coolers = huge overclockability:)

Cheers
    Gam

4. nora.e New Member

Thanks Received:
    what section are they listed in?

5. erocker

Thanks Received:
  6. pagalms

pagalms

Thanks Received:
    Maybe XpertVision?

7. nora.e New Member

Thanks Received:
    neither of those realy answered much. One thread is on what collor pc board people would buy, and the other has more to say about the frog in the logo.

I'm wondering from the end user, not a sales rep, what they are like compared to other vid cards. I'm looking at them to posibly buy one, but would like to know more about them than just haveing a visualy apealing cooling system. Blue finns and a huge fan will always sell it's self with me. Case in point, my monster "Blue Orb 2", to me it's the best fan on the market! Not because it does any thing "better" but because it's got a monstrously huge blue finned heat sink and a massive fan with blue leds.

for those who have hands on with Palit, how do they compare???
    could someone please throw me a bone???

8. erocker

Thanks Received:
    There are a bunch of members here who use Palit. Apparently, they use both reference, and non-reference designs. Their coolers work well, and judging by other's scores in the 3dMark compilation Palit cards are right up there.

9. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    They often have superior coolers to reference designs from what I've seen. Sometimes they do reference, and then its the same. They don't have the warranty backing them that xfx and evga do, so there's that to consider as well.

10. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    +1 - Very good cards.

11. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would also stress their superior PCB designs which will in the long term allow for your GPU to last longer than the reference designs. A lot of those reference designs look like as if they were made to last 1~2 years only...

12. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I used to have a Palit Geforce 4 MX 440. It never broke or anything but it was mis advertised. If I remember correctly it was the same as an MX 420 as it was 64bit and the MX440's were meant to be 128bit.

13. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I have a pimpin' 8800GT 1gb that is nothing more then sweetness! I can play with stock clocks and all Crysis at Very High in Vista. FPS is no issue at all! The set up on the card is just one of the best I've ever seen! I was an ATI person before I saw the thread, saw the fact a rep is here talking to us about it, and saw the prices. I never thought about Going SLI till I saw the cards, talked with DaMulta & Wile E & just say wtf! One of the best buys I've bought so far besides My Blood Iron!

14. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I have a Palit 9600GT Sonic, great performance, runs very cool and quiet, OC's pretty damn decently, I'm extremely content with my purchase.

:toast:

15. saadzaman126

saadzaman126 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yea im thinking of getting the same card from ncix the palit 9600 gt, so it is good...

16. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Saad, they believe that their PCB can out live any ones and to tell you the truth, I believe it could..You'll enjoy the card I believe

17. rangerone766

rangerone766

Thanks Received:
    i have the 9600gt sonic, when i oc it to 775core 2200mem with shaders linked its perfectly stable, and only runs 32c at load.

granted its not the fastest card i've owned. but it is the most overclockable and the best quality vid card i've ever owned.

the first palit card i bought was doa, that happen to all manufacturers. and i'm not going to hold that against them. what i will say, is that i sent the original card in for rma on a Thursday. received the replacement back 9 days later. very fast turnover, with an added bonus.

i wont go into it in this thread, but if you read through the thread http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=53258&highlight=palit
    you will see why i will try to buy palit whenever i need a new vid card. just look for any posts by me and accompanying responses from the palit rep we have on the forum.

also 1 more time ty Palit_Guy

18. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I ended up at 810/1950 and 1100 (2200 effective) on my Palit 9600GT...it does a great job! I set the fan at 55% for more effective cooling, with minimal noise (really...the only time I noticed it was during spinup to 55%...after that I noticed minimal to no noise from it). All my games look great, and this thing makes my older, more power-hungry x1950xtx look weak! That makes me happy that I can get more performance, better overclockability and lower power use/heat output!

Palit_Guy is a cool guy, he's busy, but I talked with him a lot before I got my 9600GT and I'm glad I did. He doesn't bullshit ya, he tell's ya straight up, which I appreciated greatly.