1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit_guy banned for not following rules

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Palit_Guy, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palit_Guy

Palit_Guy Palit Representative

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure where to put this so if it needs to be moved feel free to stick it where it belongs.

I was recently banned from the HardForums for not following the rules. Kyle Bennett asked me to start a new thread telling everyone how I was banned for not following the rules. I think that's a reasonable request so I'm happy to comply.

Aside from the rules one has to agree to when creating an account, there is an additional rule listed in a forum thread that lists the forum rules which applies specifically to company reps. It is completely my fault for not obeying this rule ergo they are completely justified in banning me.

There is one set of rules you agree to with a check box when you sign up. These same rules are listed again in a rule thread. That rule thread includes some additional restrictions that apply to company reps. This rule is not included in the rules you agree to with a check box when you sign up.

Regardless,ignorance of the law is no excuse. I broke a rule and got banned. I support their decision 100%.

You can find the additional rule at the bottom of this post, http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=760666

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. itsover65

itsover65 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Even if that was the case, I feel that someone from the [H] should have contacted you to try and sort things out before just flat out banning you :shadedshu. But, thats just my opinion.

3. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Palit, I dont quite get it. What rule did you break and how? Was it that you didnt notify the board admin that you were a rep, or some other issue?

Anyway, I dont agree with an outright BAN for a misunderstanding. A request to correct, or a cease and desist notice, is all that is needed for the member to have an opportunity to change their approach. No change, then ban.

BANSTICKS on misunderstandings is rather belligerent. I guess Hardforums have lost a "friend".

However, why are you posting this issue here. Isnt it on Hardforums where you should post this? What's it got to do with TPU?

4. UnkAsn93

UnkAsn93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yet another reason why I dislike [H]

5. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    meh kyle can have this forums, they banned me before i could even post

6. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well you'll always have a happy home here ... uh ... unless you tick off a mod when he's having a bad day :D

7. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    lol? im glad i dont go their often i think i have an account but that was before i made my utility dvd......maybe if i posted id get banned?!

8. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    As I said in my original post, Kyle asked me to create a new thread here and tell everyone why I got banned.

He didn't say specifically why but I think it was in response to my original post in another thread here stating I got banned. The impression I got was that he thought I was trying to "get things right" with HardOCP. He didn't seem to think talking about what happened elsewhere was a good way to do that.

I'm not trying to put words in his mouth or anything like that. We haven't discussed the matter in detail and I don't want to take anything out of context or misinterpret anything else.

He asked me to make this post so I did. It would be much simpler if no one asked me any questions about it so I won't have to provide any answers. I don't want to get into some kind of pissing contest over this thing as I don't think it's really important.

Like MKMods said, this is much adieu about nothing. I thought it was moderately funny but it's getting blown way out of proportion. I mean, it's not like I got kicked out of here or anything.

9. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    my power keeps you here that is the one thing you must remember..and no im not at liberty to discuss it......

but your right :) meh w/e right? hopefully ti will get worked out not everyone knows everything and well life goes on atleast you have TPU and probably like 50 other websites.

10. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    WOW. Kyle, since you probably are going to read this, i must say.. WTF were you thinking? seriously......

@Palit_Guy: we all love ya here and you've been a great resource for all us, i dont think anyone would want to see you go from tpu, and as for [H]... oh well you get to spend more time with us here :D :toast:

Palit_Guy says thanks.
  11. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    @ Panchoman- Thanks for that.

@ Solaris17 - I do post a lot of places but usually just in response to questions. No other forum has made me feel as welcome as the people here at TPU. Here is where I belong and here is where I will stay.

12. UnkAsn93

UnkAsn93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You have a little brown on your nose....

13. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    its because palit_guy commands respect with his presence and people cant help it :)

14. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    TomCat, you're mistaken. I havn't even registered at [h] and I know how shitty it is. Look, I'm probably already banned even before I registered. As if I ever would anyway.

Palit_Guy pretty much rules once you get to know him a little

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: sorry about thats funny.. i wasn't even fucking up to palit guy lol :laugh:

16. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    shhhh!!! he'll think were all perverts trying to score so we can share his power!

17. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well i agree with them banning him but come on i'm sure a warning and a link to the rules would of solved this in a more civil manner.

But at least there talking to ya and hopefully lesson learned and they will un ban you...

I just wish Palit did ATI cards too :p :).

18. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    they do ;)

AsRock says thanks.
  19. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    We do and will continue to do so although I can't comment on any unreleased products.

20. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    DAM never seen them. Maybe because i shop on Egg and not really any were else ?.. I guess i will keep a eye open for them on Newegg lol..

Cannot say i even noticed a ATI one lol :(..

21. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    wait so do you know the specs for the 4870? cause theres been quite a battle on which spec is correct... it would be nice if you could help ;)

22. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I know the specs of whatever products AMD will be releasing at whatever time they release them whatever their name is.

I'm not sure how that helps though.

AsRock says thanks.
  23. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    ???!!!?!?! r u serious?!

24. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Umm that mean you not telling ?.. Either way maybe i got it wrong but found it funny. Let them all beg lol.

25. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    i wish palit guy picked favs and personall friends id so brown nose for that spot....he has amazing cannons.